1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Spells and summoning

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Ustyk, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Ustyk
    Cold One

Ustyk Active Member

Hi!
    I got question. If slann casting spell and its failed do i get summoning points for it ?

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Negative. You get the points instead of attempting to cast a spell.

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Batch
    Cold One

Batch Active Member

So from my understanding you need to declare the spell you are casting, but will forgo it for a summoning point. Note (also my understanding) you need a unique spell each time you wish to forgo said spell, you cant attempt arcane bolt 3 times and say they will become said summoning points.

If you cast a spell like normal you get no points from it. Also note that attempting to cast a spell, then making it a point instead does not make it eligible for unbinding from the opponent as no spell was actually cast, same goes for rolling dice for said attempt.

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

i've never done such a thing.
    Usually i simply say "i forego 2 spells and i cast quicksilver swords".
    Given that the Slann knows 3 spells (at the very minimum), it's fairly trivial to declare what spell you are going to "not cast"

Canas likes this.
  5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

If you do not make a die roll as part of the attempt to cast the spell it does not count as an attempt, and thus the spell can be attempted "again" by another caster. you do not have to declare the spell you aren't casting, and you do not lose the ability to cast the spell you didn't cast later in the phase.

Canas and Nart like this.