1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Stacking Bonuses

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Blakksheep, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Blakksheep
    Skink

Blakksheep Member

Howdy guys and gals. This is my first time posting on the forums. I’ve been off and on this site here and there mostly to check out the sweet painting logs and the conversions and such, but the opportunity has finally arisen for me to actually play some Seraphon in AoS competitively in the next week or two (up until this point I’ve only occasionally bought models here and there) and I would really appreciate some clarity about a few rules before I throw my lizards to the wolves, mostly about stacking bonuses and such.

Firstly concerning Chakax/Eternity Warden’s – if I summon multiples do they each get a chance to use their 2+ save on my Slann’s incoming wounds? To my understanding the bonus provided to my Temple Guard’s attacks don’t stack, but if one Eternity Warden wiffs the save to intervene the next Warden up can still try to intervene right? I mean the only criteria for the save is the Slann suffering a wound or mortal wound?

Secondly concerning my Battle Standard Bearer/Astrolith Bearer – multiple Astrolith Bearer’s don’t let me get multiple rerolls on misses, however all the casting bonus’s provided by Celestial Conduit (the +1 casting and the 8in range increase to spells) do stack right? Also, the range provided by the Astrolith Bearer only alters my range for spell-casting and not unbinding (I don’t even know why I thought it would add to my unbinding range but I did at one point and I can’t remember why)? Actually now that I think about it, when it comes to summoning when it says increase range to spells, if it increases the max range, it doesn’t increase the required range between my summoned unit and the enemy unit does it; I’ve never seen anyone mention that it did so I’m assuming that’s not the case – that would be terrible?

I apologize if these questions have been answered before. I know that at one point at least I thought I had seen a thread explaining whether or not multiple Eternity Wardens could roll to save for the same wound incoming on my Slann, but I can’t seem to find it now. Any information you guys give me would be a huge help. I know some of this stuff is going to come up when I play. My lizard army will be the first one played in AoS at my LGS and really only the second that should be able to make great use of summoning (one guy does plays Nagash occasionally). So besides the game itself being relatively new to me, these kinds of rulings are going to be potentially more or less unfamiliar to everyone else. I really want to try and get as many of my ducks in a row as I can before I sit down at the table to play.

2. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

It certainly should be possible. As it's an ability per model. So any model eligible should be able to try it.
    Saurus Guard only get 1 additional attack due to to wording "any" before the Saurus Eternity Wardens. So you are correct about not stacking there.

Yes, +1 to casting stacks and I suppose the 8" also stacks for having multiple Astrolith. Once again correct about re-rolling misses as it's a general rule that you can never re-roll dice more then once.
    It increases the range when a spell is successfully cast. That already implies it has nothing to do with unbinding. And any other requirements still need to be met (i.e. minimum 9" range from enemy with summoning, unless elsewhere specified that it can be ignored)

Good luck with the game! And most of all have fun for you and your opponent!

Blakksheep likes this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

@StealthKnightSteg

I have a question related to stacking,

Say I have a Slann and 2 priests can I cast 3 mystic shields on one model for +3 bonus?

4. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

Yes, as every caster can attempt each spell they know once. So with 3 casters all able to cast Mystic Shield can target the same unit/model for multiple save bonus.

5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Cheers, more reason to play more casters ;)

6. Blakksheep
    Skink

Blakksheep Member

Oooo nice. I never even thought about multiple castings of Mystic Shield on the same target. Two castings would make a Bastiladon or even Chameleon skinks (in terrain) pretty sick. Makes me really wish we had a non-regiment wizard at our disposal like pink horrors or Sisters of the Thorn. Where I play we usually play with a limited number of hero' choices and if I'm going to run a Slann I think it'll be hard to justify dropping the Eternity Warden or even the Astrolith Bearer.