1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Trek vs. Star Wars (and a collection of memes)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Apr 16, 2015.

?

Star Trek or Star Wars; which do you like better?

1. Star Trek

19 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. Star Wars

60 vote(s)
    75.9%
  1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

That fight should have been over in an instant. If I had Obi Wan's powers I would have messed up Grevious in seconds. No contest really. Fun battle though.

Lizerd and Ritual like this.
  2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

The fight between Kylo Ren and Rey should have been over in an instant. Rey was an untrained weakling who only beat Ren because of his injuries and something to do with the Force waking, which makes hardly any sense...

[​IMG]

Lizerd, NIGHTBRINGER and Killer Angel like this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

It struck me as a little odd as well. There is a potential rationale for it (Ren's state of mind due to killing his father, the injury he sustained from the bowcaster, Rey is potentially far stronger with the force, Ren's training is incomplete), but we'll see how they handle it in episode VIII. Still, if it was up to me, I'd have had it play out differently.

4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Yep, so would I. I wouldn't have had the third Death Star/Death Planet there for one. I would have had it take place solely on the Finaliser (Kylo's Star Destroyer)

Lizerd and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I found Kylo Ren interesting from a story telling perspective. First I disliked him. His appearance, the way he throws tantrums and the strange thing that somebody who is almost untrained can hold their own against him in a fight, if only for a limited time.

But then I thought about it a bit. Notes:
    - Adam Driver looks far less babyfaced in real life than in TFA. -> intentional for dramatic purposes
    - hides behind a mask -> he knows that people probably won't take him as serious as they do this way
    - throws tantrums
    - has HUGE problems with his identity. He is a typical Star Wars character _backwards_. He feels the pull of the light side and tries to resist, instead of the other way round.
    - he wants to be like Vader, but fails. And that failure weighs so heavy on him, he is desperate to gain back control. So desperate he even kills his father to finally get it over with.

That guy is a wannabe, who is strong in the force (although probably not as strong as Rey), but unsufficiently trained. And since there is noone around who can judge him he pretends to be much more than he is. For many of his troops he is like Vader because they know nothing about what a real Jedi/Sith can do, but half of the time he is merely doing the three tricks he actually is capable of and faking the rest.

He isn't that good with his lightsaber. Most of the time he is probably doing his training by himself and/or hitting defenseless objects/people with it. Maybe he even thinks he can use it properly although he clearly doesn't. Rey is probably not even as good with the Lightsaber as Luke in TESB and still almost able to beat him (injured and not in control of his emotions, granted).

IMO we see traces of a nice character development there, although a little rushed. I wonder how he will look and act in epVIII.

The only thing I don't really understand: How was he able to beat Luke? How were any of those clowns (Knights of Ren or whatever) able to beat Luke? According to everything we know Luke in ROTJ and thereafter is as powerful with the Force as Vader ever was, and probably as good with the lightsaber. Didn't Luke feel something was wrong, like Yoda and Windu did when the Clone Wars started? Didn't he feel the dark side?

As for the rest of the movie btw: Too much recycling and too much fan service, but the movie was... OK I guess.

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Do we know that he beat Luke? They might have just simply killed Luke's other students which resulted in Luke feeling the pressure of failing his students, his past and his legacy... thus a self imposed exile.

If Ren did best Luke, that would really bother me. It would make no sense at all. I really hope that isn't the case.

Lizerd likes this.
  7. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yeah I am pretty sure there wasn't a fight against Luke. What I meant was: how were they able to plot their betrayal and Luke didn't know they would and prevent them from doing so.

Lizerd likes this.
  8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I guess we'll have to stay tuned to find out.

The fact that Kylo is his nephew might have clouded his judgement/feelings.

Lizerd and Aginor like this.
  9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

11. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

975abed73abf9f2cc38a97c611130c7b.jpg

Lizerd, Scalenex and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

No Yoda?!?

What about C3PO as True Neutral?

Lizerd likes this.
  14. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

C3PO is more good than neutral I would say because he is always doing his best to help the heroes. I would class him as neutral good. Chirrut is more neutral than good because he knows the destruction Saw Gerrera's cell were causing and refused to support them against the Empire, only appearing when he sensed Jyn, Cassian and K-2SO were in trouble and not helping the other rebels. I didn't have enough room to put Yoda or Count Dooku in either, although I would say Yoda is lawful good and Dooku is lawful evil.

Lizerd, NIGHTBRINGER and n810 like this.
  15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

19. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Those baked beans (is it baked beans or something else?) can be a potent mix, especially when you're fighting a lightsaber duel over them...;)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Lizerd and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  20. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

[​IMG]

Lizerd, NIGHTBRINGER and Aginor like this.