1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Trek vs. Star Wars (and a collection of memes)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Apr 16, 2015.

?

Star Trek or Star Wars; which do you like better?

1. Star Trek

19 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. Star Wars

60 vote(s)
    75.9%
  1. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I'm sure you all would rather watch this than the real thing:

[​IMG]

Aginor and Paradoxical Pacifism like this.
  2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

3. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

7. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

8. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

9. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

10. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

[​IMG]

Of course, some forms of torture were too brutal even for the Obsidian Order.

CBS All Access, where no one has gone before. I just want a continuation of Deep Space Nine, get out of the Kelvin universe! DS9 was ahead of it's time. It's the most binge watchable of all the Star Treks because the plots and character arcs build on each other so much. The original series, Next Generation, and Voyager are good shows with strong casts but you could watch the episodes out of order with out much confusion.

I'm just not goting to pay $8 to $10 for access to the worst Star Trek ever made plus Colbert. I like Colbert but I don't want to pay for Colbert. I guess they also have Supergirl which I don't think is a horrible show, it's just a little bit too sacharine for my tastes.

In a lot of cases, a streaming service only has one show I'm interested in. I look forward with hope and fear to the conclusion of the Streaming Wars.

What'd I'd like is a bunch of niche streamers with themed content and cheap prices. I'm on DC Universe but it's not as cheap as I like. Also, a fairly high portion of their material ends up on Hulu or Netflix which undercuts them. In my opinion there is not enough TV and movies on DC Universe to justify the price BUT DC Universe comes with browsing of hundreds of PDFs of comics. That makes me satisfied with my purchase, but if you don't like reading comic books, I would advise against this product. Also I keep hearing news that DC Universe is struggling financially and may not be around next year.

I do wait for new Young Justice episodes like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. I don't know what the universal appeal of Young Justice is, but Young Justice is the perfect show...for Scalenex. The creator of Gargoyles and the creator of Batman the Animated series, my two favorite nineties shows collaberated on Young Justice and created a perfect amalagam of both show's styles. :happy:

The Anime streaming services are having the big streamers poach their niche by snatching up the most popular Anime shows like One Punch Man and Attack on Titan.

When Disney creates their streaming service it will send shockwaves in the industry. I don't think it will fix the main problem we have now.

Short version, a streaming service's ability to draw customers is driven mostly by exclusivity rights. Because this is where the services are all spending their money, they aren't spending money on more efficient downloads and user friendly features.

Long version: this.

11. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Sorry to break up the Trek fest, but I’ve just discovered the reveal of the new face of the villains in Episode IX - the Sith Troopers (ripping off KOTOR in the name but I don’t care about KOTOR so no matter):
    https://screenrant.com/star-wars-9-rise-skywalker-sith-trooper-design/

[​IMG]

It’s obvious then that this is Palpatine’s new army sent to enforce the will of the Sith, and that the so-called First Order was just the tip of the massive iceberg that Sheev has been designing since his return. I know they are just red versions of the regular FO Troopers, but their weapons look new and to be honest their whole premise behind them looks more interesting than the Empire remake in Episodes VII and VIII, and it would have been more interesting to have these appear right at the beginning as part of a more original storyline rather than the rehash direfest and the attempt to do something new we actually got.

Aginor likes this.
  12. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I am kind of in the same boat.
    I have Amazon Prime, but only because I had a Prime account anyway.
    I will not pay the amount of money Netflix or the half dozen of other streaming services want from me.
    It just isn't worth it for the few things I would watch.
    If I really want to watch stuff... I wait and buy the DVD/BluRay for cheap. If I consider it worth the price.

If I just want to watch an episode or two to see whether I am interested I just pirate it. If I like it I buy it, but I won't pay for maybe finding something I like.

Scalenex likes this.
  13. Aginor
    Slann

They are not just differently colored compared to the First Order. They also look a lot less smooth. Pretty cool.

14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

15. Aginor
    Slann

16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

[​IMG]

Aginor likes this.
  17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Their weapons also look more advanced and superior - if we had had these chaps as an obviously superior enemy force rather than the chaff we got in VII, it would have made things a lot more interesting.

I’m sure I read somewhere that he loathed Wesley’s character and his lines - that in itself makes him decent in my books.

Scalenex likes this.
  19. Aginor
    Slann

Yep. But the same goes for most Star Wars troops throughout history, be it Stormtroopers, Droids, Genosians or Clone Troopers.
    Big troops of semi competent dudes that all look uniform is just a common trope in Star Wars that nobody dared to change yet.
    The only story that gave them a face was the Clone Wars show.
    Ep7 tried (with Finn and Phasma) but it was just too short. I think Finn's story would have been a cool movie, but they made all the progression happen too fast, in a few scenes. Which is a shame since the idea was good IMO.

Scalenex likes this.
  20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann