1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stegadon help

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Tullaris07, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Tullaris07
    Skink

Tullaris07 New Member

Well I finally picked up some primer to paint my stegadon. And am now wondering what color to paint it. I made this army years ago and now kind of regret paintng it blue, just like The GW army, but w.e. I wanted to make my ancient stegadon a more grey shade of the regular one. So, if anyone wants to share pictures of what they did or even a link to a nice looking stegadon I would be much appreciative for any help. Also, I don't know of a good website I could go to.look at other people's work other than the forums so maybe someone could share that information too. Thanks for help!

2. fer
    Saurus

fer New Member

not finished with mine yet but you can see where the colors are going and the one in the back a bit is where it was coming up from (staggering the painting of them)

Attached Files:

3. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I like the brownish one best

4. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

Ditto! Awsome theme!

5. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Yea, those are pretty awesome!

6. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Hmm is the second one WiP toward the first scheme? That is what I assumed, but other people seem to be indicating differently..

7. Tullaris07
    Skink

Tullaris07 New Member

My old metal stegadon was painted red and orange shown in the old book. I decided to repaint it while I try to figure out the scheme I want for my new stegadon. I left the scales red and repainted the skin with the same colors I use for my Ogre skin, dark grey. He looks a lot better.
    I think I've decided I'll paint my new one a foresty green skin with grey scales. Whenever I finish I will try to post pics to show you all. Thanks for the ideas.

8. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Both sound pretty cool, remember to post pics when they're done. :D