1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Stegadon questions

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by FrozenLizards, Oct 20, 2008.

1. FrozenLizards
    Saurus

FrozenLizards New Member

I was wondering if a stegadon charges into a unit can the skins still launch the bolt thrower?

What are the merits to a Stegadon w/ a Stegadon helmed Skin Cheif on it? I know that the leadership is a huge help w/ leadership but why not just keep him close to ur general?

2. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

No, you may never charge while shooting with any unit in the game, firstly. (to my knowledge) And secondly, it counts as a war machine, so it can't stand and shoot either, it can only shoot in the shooting phase and requires two skinks. However, skinks may stand and shoot with javelins.

And the only reason I can think of for a Skink Chief with a Stegadon Helm would be if you took an army of all skinks and needed a mobile general with a crunch for points, like 500-1500 probably, though a scar-veteran will often be better.

3. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

If he is close to the general then he still must use his ld 5 for stubborn. However if a cheif with the helm is riding him then you have a ld7 cold blooded, stubborn brute which is hard to kill. A potential nightmare for the opponent

4. FrozenLizards
    Saurus

FrozenLizards New Member

Thank you for that. I was thinking about taking one in against a VC army but figure Sallies are much better. Now I know how to use this beautiful beast :)

5. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

but unless he fare terribly in combat and loses combat with alot, he still would benefit on Ld of an General.
    You always uses the highest Ld possible with combat resoult.

6. Godless-Mimicry
    Skink

Godless-Mimicry New Member

Actually you are slightly mistaken. If a stubborn unit is joined by a non-stubborn character, the unit must use its own Ltd for stubborn. However, regardless of who is stubborn, a unit within 12" of the general can always use his Ltd.

7. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

exactly