1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Stegadon Riders

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by DerUioi, Jun 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. DerUioi
    Jungle Swarm

DerUioi New Member

Hi!
    We had some questions concerning Characters on Stegadons and I could not find a FAQ for the Army book.

In melee, can you challenge the Skinkhero on the Stegadon?
    If he accepts, can the Stegadon and the crew attack the challenger?
    If the Stegadon is killed, does the hero dismount, or is he killed automatically?

Also, when a Stegadon is attacked in the flank by a broad unit, it could not regroup without reducing models in contact - so that is forbidden. Does it still suffer the penalty for Flank in later rounds?

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Welcome to the forums! Great to see another Fantasy player arrive! :)

I'd say the Skink hero would be treated in the same way as, for example, a Saurus hero on Carnosaur - he can be challenged, his mount (and any crew) can attack the challenger and if you have a version of your hero on foot as well, he can survive the Stegadon's death. Good luck to any character not riding a monster in challenging a Chief on Stegadon!

I would say no - remember that a Stegadon is a single monster rather than a coordinated unit of infantry or cavalry, so he can turn round and attack units that have charged him in the flank much more easily in theory as he just staggers around 90 degrees (compared to rank-and-file infantry and cavalry that would have to perform a uniform rotation), so he shouldn't suffer a flank penalty in later rounds as long as he can pass his leadership test, but also by this time the enemy warriors will have managed to swarm around and underneath him, so models in contact should not be reduced even though they are now attacking him in the front.

Hope that helps.

Lizards of Renown, Lizerd and Imrahil like this.