1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stegadon

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by joey goldcoast, Feb 19, 2009.

1. joey goldcoast
    Skink

joey goldcoast New Member

Just follow the blog link for pics.

So this is the result so far of the Steg I bought a few weeks back. The GS filling I had to do is not evident at all which for me is good :) Just need to do a couple for skinks and stick on the real pole. I used some of the leaves from the woodelves kits and painted then a lighter colour green than usual to make them look a little more tropical and I also used some driad arms for more sticks etc on the base. Oh I have also modeled some steg poo which will be added on completion just for fun. This will be my Iron Halo entry next week.

Oh and as a little extra there is some of my recent Red Scorpions finished too.

Hope you like it

2. Igelypop
    Skink

Igelypop New Member

Nice work! Colors work really great together :)

3. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

You got real skills man! Had a look at your sauruses also, and love em! Keep it up!
    just one thing about your steggi though if I may: You could probalyy benefit from hide the brown color on your steggis head horns by drybrushing bleached bone closer to the skulll so the brown only shows in the deeper depressions. Right now it seems a bit messy... Other than that, this is one of the best steggies I've seen :)

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Looks brilliant! Lots and lots of detail, it is a huge task painting them. I think I might have to get some inks onto the scales of mine, rather than trying to do 5 layers of highlight on each scale as I am doing at the moment to speed things up. :p Very inspiration, pity I am at uni now....

As to the horns, I actually found highlighting them harder than I thought it would be. The trick is to just do small, quick flicks I think, and use a very thin brush. The strokes look thick on yours. It still looks good though.