1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Stegadons charge ...

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Aktanolt, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Aktanolt
    Cold One

Aktanolt Well-Known Member

Hey there,

Reading lots of rules and warscrolls those days to improve my knowledge. And i just realised that lots of things got impact after charge / before combat ( maw Krusha .... )
    And i just realised too that Stegadons, creatures inspired, designed and visually made for big charges got none of them. Is that me being chocked by this or ?

I get lots of things are not logical in this game , but compared to lots of units that get those after charge damage ( often MW ) i dont get it .

Akta.

LizardWizard and Dimitris like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Not exactly sure what you mean, the Stegadon has an ability that makes him hit extra hard on charges. His crushing stomps have +1 to wound if he does so. That's pretty decent. Sure it isn't MW like on a Maw-Krusha but then the Steggy is not that expensive either.

LizardWizard, Seraphage and Dimitris like this.
  3. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

Also do not forget that us seraphon you can teleport on 9inches away from enemy models on 2+ and on 6 able to move aswell so its pretty decent.You can also combine it with thunderquake starhost and reroll charge rolls

LizardWizard and Seraphage like this.
  4. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

yup, stegadons do indeed lack a rule like a maw-krusha's destructive bulk where simply charging does damage, instead we get the +1 to wound on our stomps which is indeed a tad weird when looking at the model... It doesn't look like a creature that focusses on stamping it's enemies into the ground with it's relative short legs and low centre of mass. It looks far more like it;d bouldoze into it's target stabbing it with its horns and flinging it aside with its mass.

So yeah, you have a point it's a bit weird and a rule that simply does damage on the charge, or at least gave a bonus to his horns which should be the focus of his attack during a charge would probably make more sense than the stampede rule.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    LizardWizard and Nart like this.
  5. Aktanolt
    Cold One

Aktanolt Well-Known Member

That's basically what i think @Canas . We shall see if rules adapt in the future :p

LizardWizard and Canas like this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Not exactly, the teleport rules have changed with the 2nd ed.
    now you don't teleport on a 1-2, but with a 5-6 you are able to move.
    And even with a 3-4, you cannot move after the teleport but you can still use the ability of the Alpha skink, so mr. Steggy is one of most reliable chargers.

LizardWizard, Seraphage and Dimitris like this.
  7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

To be honest, even just having his stomps as an attack is a bit weird. Anything that's larger than a human should already not really be trampled anymore given how short it's legs are. It's rather weird that it can someone stomp on say a dracoth or better yet a stardrake.

LizardWizard likes this.
  8. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

Yeah sry forgat about the new rules xD

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

yeah, don't worry. ;)

LizardWizard and Dimitris like this.