1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange chemical dilema

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by strewart, Sep 18, 2009.

1. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Well, I'm sure you are all at least partially aware of the chemical structure of sugar (C6H12O6), even if you aren't a chemist, and the fact that all life is carbon based on earth. A company has come up with a somewhat novel idea I think.

carbonsugar.png

:jawdrop:

I just figured this forum might need a few humour threads. :)

2. ColdBlood666
    Chameleon Skink

ColdBlood666 New Member

Strange. Is it more expensive than regular sugar?

3. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

Lol. 'Natural' sugar with no carbon in it?

You could try making some interesting things with silicon, though it wouldn't be very natural at all (or very edible).

4. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Sooo... They're implying that their sugar is some form of Super water? (H12O6)
    With six times as much mass as the mass of normal water... o_O

*Worships unholy water*

Cheers!

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Artificial sweeteners miraculously grow on all natural sugar cane. :D

Every alternative I come up with that it could be has carbon in it.. Is there anything we eat that doesn't have carbon...?

Everything labelled as 'carbon free' is more expensive... Like the laughable idea of offsetting your carbon footprint on airline flights; simply pay more for the ticket and fly carbon free! We will put you in the carbon free section of the airplane that has no emissions, along with the other suckers.

6. Barotok
    Terradon

Barotok New Member

Sounds like a product that some genious company decided to market to make a little extra money. I bet you'll be able to find this product at my local co-op grocery store. Those damn tree-hugging-dirt-woshippers will buy anything if they even they think it might be better for the environment. Then they throw it in their 4500lb SUV and drive away at 10 miles to the gallon.

Don't let my sacasm make you think that I don't care about the environment. But with some things, I have a tendancy to be very skeptical.

7. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

So if it's supposed to be all green and so on, why isn't it in some sorta edible/usable-for-fuel container?

I agree with you Barotok, many things along these lines just can't be taken seriously.