1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Strike from the Skies

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Killer Angel, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

OK, we're talking about Shadowstrike Starhost.

By battletome is not in english, but my google-fu lets me know the original text.
    "Instead of setting up the Flying unit from this battalion on the battlefield, you can place it to one side… in any of your movement phases the unit can plummet from the sky to assail the foe. when it does so, you can set it up anywhere more than 3" from the enemy".

Apparently, it's not written that it counts as movement, and it doesn't say that you place them at the end of the move phase… does this mean that i can place the flying dudes AND move them?
    Apparently yes, but it clearly goes against the actual way of GW to write this kind of rules for AoS.

Because for rippers it makes no sense, but for terradons would be truly good, as i would drop the boulders and shoot and charge.

The questions:

I'm not able to find anything on the matter into the FAQ, the designer's commentary or similar… is there something vaguely official for this?
    Have you tried to use terradons in this way, and if yes... what the opponent said?

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Blitzkriyg
    Temple Guard

Blitzkriyg Well-Known Member

The English version states its dropped in like any other unit coming in at the end of the movement phase, but must be more than 3" away from the enemy.

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

It doesn't state "end of the movement phase" I can't see anything in the FAQ saying different, have you got a source?;)

upload_2019-3-6_9-39-44.png

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Blitzkriyg
    Temple Guard

Blitzkriyg Well-Known Member

Huh, so it does, never even realised

LizardWizard and Crowsfoot like this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yep, the ability doesn't use the usual wording preventing them from moving. So they can move.

I always played it with movement and nobody ever complained. It is an Alpha Strike bataillon and the ability does that.
    Strong? Yeah. sometimes. when it works. :D Overwhelmingly so? Nah.

Killer Angel likes this.
  6. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I mean you're putting rippers at three inches anyway, so only the terrodons would need to take advantage of it.

LizardWizard likes this.