1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stripping Paint off Finecast?

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by TheSkeptic, May 31, 2017.

1. TheSkeptic
    Chameleon Skink

TheSkeptic Active Member

So, I'm thinking of acquiring a model for a steal on ebay (Thing's still damn expensive, but it saves me $80+ instead of ordering off of Forgeworld), and the model's been about half painted already. It doesn't look to bad, but just in case I wanted to change it when I get a proper look at it, wanted to make sure I have the tools at my disposal to do so. As such, any of you know any good ways to get paint off a finecast model? Also, don't want to hurry anyone to much, but the things going to be sold in half a day-ish, so some relatively quick responses would be much appreciated.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Nail polish remover acetone free, simply green BUT BE CAREFUL if you leave the model in too long it goes soft and won't harden back up.

tom ndege likes this.
  3. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

I found a plastic cleaner that works wonderful for metal and plastic... no experience with stripping finecast though... I only own a slann and the @woogity minis which are made of resin...
    Might try it out on some spare parts... it's really damn cheap (1,60€/ 500ml) and could be worth it... might take some time before I get results though...