1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Suds Painting & Kitbashes of 2020

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Sudsinabucket, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Be proud of all your project! Nice colorscheme :artist:

Keep up the good work

Grrr, Imrahil

EFHILT 167, Lizerd and Sudsinabucket like this.
  2. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

Tomorrow after a long hiatus my #thunderlizard will be back on the work station! Planning to finish her howdah platforms in the next few days and then revisit some old plans I had such as adding gold chains to her. After finally getting some #skinks from my official #stegadon kit to see the size I've decided I need 15 or so of them (if anyone wants to donate any spares:joyful:) but will be so worth it. Im excited to finally get back to working on her. The base will likely have to wait until after this pandemic passes as im immunocompromised and am not risking going out right now.
    20200406_010938.jpg 20200406_010922.jpg IMG_20200406_013551_371.jpg

3. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thanks man! Im gonna try to get some better photos tomorrow of the Stegosaurian (unoffical name) as I did finish her today officially minus touch ups I find! Very exciting times!

Lizards of Renown, Lizerd and Imrahil like this.
  4. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

As I come towards the end of the actual howdah platforms, Im starting to plan the next stage which includes EOTG parts and my custom made Astrolith Banner/EOTG. Its been a wild journey on this project and I'm super happy with how she's turning out.

Im still undecided on if the Skystreak Bows should face forward or off the side like in the picture below, but in time I'll figure it out, semi leaning towards off the side.

What are your thoughts on everything so far? Would love some feed back and opinions! 20200413_031951.jpg 20200413_032005.jpg 20200413_034209.jpg 20200413_034226.jpg IMG_20200412_140150_371.jpg

5. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Also, Ill be reworking her warscroll to better fit in with the new battletome, she will be available to coalesced Seraphon as I feel thats where she belongs.

6. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Thunder lizard in a thunder lizard subfaction?

That is going to be epic

7. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Or Coatls Klaw

Lizards of Renown and Lizerd like this.
  8. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

I’m thinking 2 skystreak bows one on each side facing forward, and on the sides sunfire throwers!!!

You got to equip that girl!!

Was there a original warscroll for it?

Sudsinabucket likes this.
  9. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

Idk if you had a crew plan yet can’t remember sry.... idk if the skink starpriest is up for the job or if you’ll need a startseer power to control such a beast!!!

I’m think one of the 2 on the center Howdah and a skink priest on each side howdah.

With the 2 bow facing toward and 4-6 sunfire facing sides and back all on the the 2 outside howdah, a big crew of skinks for the bows sunfires and a bunch more with just javelin/boltspitter the only place you can find such skinks!!! Shooting spittter until there close enough to throw the javelins!!

Cheers

10. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

I only have 2 Skystreak Bows atm however I was considering hunting down 2 more...i have extra 1 set of sunfire throwers that will likely go on the back half platform, sadly the other pair needs to go on my Stegadon or all she will have are javalins lol

With help from the community (LO) I did indeed make a unique warscroll for her, it can be found here, looking to update it for the new battletome possibly:

http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/suds-thunderlizard-rules.23533/page-6

11. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

I have been thinking about the crew for sure, atm I have a skink priest from the Stegadon kit placed on the center platform, as for skinks I definitely need a lot of them. I have the files for lost kingdom miniature skinks, but sadly no 3d printer and really no money to pay someone to print them out for me. Otherwise im trying to hunt down a minimum of 25 skinks to ride her.

I have been considering a Star Priest for the central platform, but we shall see.

My personal lore for Thunder Lizards is this:

High Ranking Star Seers and Priests go out into the wild to steal a Thunder Lizard egg, if successful in their act they raise the hatchling as their own. Over time the Thunder Lizard grows and comes to know the Temple Host as their herd and protects it with their life, their Alpha (seer/priest) always by their side and leading them into battle or away from the Temple City incase of a rampage.

In a nutshell.

12. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

You want more then 2 bows?!? It said 2 would be enough but if you did get a extra one you could buy it on the steg and have that extra set of sunfire to put on the thunderlizard....

Thinking about it I suppose you could have 4 bows 2 facing forward and one on each side!! With the set of sunfire on the back may wanna protect that tail lol... got any extra carno head shield?!? Lol

I suppose one skink priest that’s been raising said thunderlizard from birth would be powerful enough to control such beautiful beast! Make sure to give him something extra so he’s not like one on the steg.... extra paint job or something perhaps the starpriest staff or the oracle one?!?

It’s getting better and better as you’re working on it!!! It’s going to be a force to be dealing with that’s for sure!!! And yeah I’m thinking what ever weapon that will end up on it will have to be added to the warscrol!!

You just got stomp by the beast and then get burn by the skinks in the back bahahaha....burn baby burn oh yeah oh yeah burn baby burn....

Imrahil likes this.
  13. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

It has been thought of but the more I visualize it the more cluttered the Howdah itself seems, so will probably stick to my 2 originals
    When I have more money ill be hunting down more Carno Crests for the tail and back that is exposed, and still need to work out leg guards/spikes, but those I may make out of greenstuff that I just bought (leg guards...though I suppose i could try to make a cast of the crests also? Hmm)
    I originally made a unique Oracle with the Oldblood spear to be her rider, but i dont think he would fit on the throne super well, will have to look into it again, but a regular priest will work for the time being until/if i decide something to be better. A seer would be nice however the palanquin would take up a lot of space
    Its possible! Going to look at the Warscroll today or tomorrow

Lizards of Renown, Imrahil and Egres like this.
  14. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

The time is fast approaching to plan the base for this magnificent giant...

I know I want to do some water effect, likely a large river that she is walking out of or in the middle of, need to decide on exact placing where I want here. Id also like to do a hill on her right side (back side from the picture)...other than that, still brain storming...might put some ruins ontop of the hill. I want to be able to integrate this base into a large diorama somehow also, if possible.

20200425_214755.jpg

15. Explodingzeb
    Bastiladon

Explodingzeb Well-Known Member

She's tall enough that I think you could add a tree to the base and it would look great

EFHILT 167, Sudsinabucket and Nazqua like this.
  16. Nazqua
    Carnasaur

Nazqua Well-Known Member

A diorama that size would take me literal years, It will probably take even longer if you have tree's, they take so long to do if you paint all the leaves individually. Nice work, How large would the expanded diorama base be?

Imrahil likes this.
  17. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Definitely going to be a tree line either at the river banks or trees in general scattered! Love trees. The ones I have dont even reach her Howdah lol

18. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Yeah.....lol this im definitely gonna take my time on and start as a side project as Tlanextic herself isnt even finished yet. Still have Engines to add to the Howdahx Skystreak Bows, possoble flamethrowers plus skinks...much to do on her still let alone the base

As for the base, i am undecided on what kind of trees...I honestly want to probably do Redwoods, I simply love Redwoods and they are what is described in one of my Ghur Stories which is what I want the base to represent, Ghur.

What I have in mind is a Grand Canyon meets Savannah tyoe base, so the soil would be a reddish-brown color...though Im still fiddling with a more Highlands lush green look since it would tie in with my Female (sailless) Troglodon base. Very much still brainstorming, when I did my Troglodon bases I didnt have a realm in mind, just went with my impulse...now being a but mkre thoughtful as this base will determine all other bases.

As for the total scale of the diorama, thinking max size of an Army on Parade board :cool:;):)

Lizards of Renown, Nazqua and Imrahil like this.
  19. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Chest Armor planning! 20200426_150414.jpg

20. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Lovely! Great use of parts

Grrr, Imrahil

Sudsinabucket likes this.