1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Summoning

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Lord Kroak, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Lord Kroak
    Skink

Lord Kroak New Member

I just finished a game against a friend and we had some discussions about the summon spells (AoS).
    I thought that i just could choose any unit that has the summon command and try to summon it every turn. Hevtold me that i can only 'copy' units that are alteady on the table.
    I started doubting becaus ehe plays mutch longer than me but if I follow this rule the summon for named charcterd is impossible right?

2. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

Officially I don't think there is a rule that restricts you to only summon copies of what you already have. I believe that you can summon whatever you like, as long as you have the models.

As far as I know, you could have as many of the same special character as you like, nowhere is it stated that you can only have one.

I am not playing AOS though, but unless you are playing with house rules, you can summon whatever you like.

You might want to come to an agreement with your friend though. Remember the so called "The Most Important Rule" :shifty:, in the end of the 4 page ruleset.

Lord Kroak likes this.
  3. Lord Kroak
    Skink

Lord Kroak New Member

And i know its the most important rule but the rules of setting up your game says: only 1named charcter of each character so no 2 gor roks

4. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

Where is that? I cannot seem to find it

5. Lord Kroak
    Skink

Lord Kroak New Member

Its how to set up your army but i don't know were to find it a friend copied it for me

6. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

I think he might have copied a house ruled version or something with restrictions. It makes sense, but I don't think it is the GW version. I cannot anyway find where it is stated that you can only have one named character.

You can check it out here, if you are interested.

7. Lord Kroak
    Skink

Lord Kroak New Member

Thanks but i have that rules to :)

8. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

Then I don't know why he said you can only have one of the same special character and only summon copies of what you already have. I think you should talk to him about it, that might be the easiest solution. (Or you could wait and see if anyone more knowing than I, in the ways of AOS, answers this thread)

9. Lord Kroak
    Skink

Lord Kroak New Member

I talked to him but he got mad because his dad told me that i was right

Gogery likes this.
  10. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

I think his experience with aos isn't that much bigger than yours...;) and this summoning thing cause trouble all over. Don't take it to personal and clarify by house rules...

Lord Kroak likes this.
  11. Lord Kroak
    Skink

Lord Kroak New Member

Good idea :p

12. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

The sensible solution is all name characters are unique and can only be summoned if they are not already on the table.

Why GW didn't include the keyword "UNIQUE" on named character warscrolls is beyond me.

13. Sleboda
    Troglodon

Sleboda Active Member

I see the opposite as the house rule. The rules to summon a unit are on that unit, not the wizard.

How can you use a rule from a unit that is not even present in your game?

14. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

And the discussion continues...:p

15. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

[​IMG]

Oh god :eek:

Lets just say we have different interpretations of that, and leave it at that for now... hmm?

Lord Kroak
    The easy thing to say is: Find out what you think makes sense and play with that.

16. Lord Kroak
    Skink

Lord Kroak New Member

Slebola
    You know that on a warscroll don't care wich one a rule says all slanns know this spell

17. CaptainFaux
    Saurus

CaptainFaux Member

Having just played a few games where my roomie summoned a shit ton, I think its better to spread and accept the "copy" and "unique" rules. Such as Lord Kroak cant summon another Kroak because that wouldn't make sense, as well as you can't summon out of thin air.

For example if we're playing a two warscroll game, he shouldn't be able to summon Bel'Achor and a Soul grinder when he started out with a chaos priest and some letters. Thats just bs. Just like I hsouldn't be able to field a 10 scroll army off of one slaan. Its silly.

Gogery likes this.
  18. ChubbSkink
    Saurus

ChubbSkink Member

On summoning in my group we play Summoning allowed to units that are part of your army. So if my army does not have a Croxigor then my Slaan cannot summon it. It works just fine up until now.

19. Khelandros
    Cold One

Khelandros Active Member

Can you summon units through an Arcane Vassal?

20. protector
    Temple Guard

protector Active Member

But since the game actually goes against the "two warscroll" restriction then the above doesn't make any sense unless you are house ruling summoning to work with your house ruling of how many warscrolls to bring. FYI I personally agree with the above and play that way most of the time, but I am pointing out that the rules do not support it.

Gogery likes this.