1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Sup everybody!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Soxii, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Soxii
    Saurus

Soxii Active Member

Hi all, new person to the forum here! Been looking around for a while, and thought I should finally join in on the fun :D I look forward to being on this awesome forum. Now, gather round the sacrificial fire pit of Chotec, and I shall tell you of my experience in the hobby-

I first got into Warhammer when a friend showed me some of his space marine models for 40k, and when the plastic giant was released in Fantasy (ahh my first White Dwarf. The first of many.) All those years ago, I remember going into my school library searching for more copies and seeing an old folder full of earlier editions, one of which was the lustria campaign! Lo-and-behold it sparked my interest in the lizardmen, seeing massive dinosaurs fighting in a far off jungle, alongside killer centipedes and man-eating plants etc. Despite time, education (uni studies *cough*partying*cough*) and life sometimes getting in the way of the hobby, it didn't detract from my first army of the Lizardmen. Many years later, and the Age of Sigmar debacle (love it or hate it- I won't judge!) has actually inspired me to *try* and finish up my army... if such a thing could ever be achieved! Hah!

Right, now I need to figure out where my old camera is for photos of said army...

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!

Ritual and Soxii like this.
  3. Soxii
    Saurus

Soxii Active Member

Oh, and April Fools would not be complete without some random fun stuff :p (had this on in the background whilst typing the above :p)

n810 and Ritual like this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard, definitely get thise pics up and get the army finished. If you want to give AOS a try, we're more than happy to help you with builds and tactics.

5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard, get those pics up

6. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Welcome to the party!

Soxii likes this.
  7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Welcome to the jungle! :)
    No comment :muted:

Enjoy the site! :happy:

8. Soxii
    Saurus

Soxii Active Member

Thanks for welcoming me! Just gonna see if I can try and post photos with my phone (no proper camera yet) bare with me- hopefully said photo shows how cluttered my paint desk is! Lizardmen desk.jpeg

9. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Ohhhh we all have one of them!

Bowser and Ritual like this.
  10. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the jungle, we got fun and games.

crickets

The Old Ones rejoice whenever a lurker joins the active community. Whatever edition of Warhammer you play, we got resources to help you. Our fluff and painting forums are excellent as well.

n810 and Bowser like this.
  11. Soxii
    Saurus

Soxii Active Member

Once again thanks for the welcome, just thought I should mention that, as I developed the flu the day after joining the forum, I feel this movie clip is appropriate (I'm not dead! I'm feeling better!). Hence the reason why I wasn't able to create a painting blog/find my camera for the past few days. Now to the painting threads!