1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Super new to Warhammer

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Lizardnewb, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Lizardnewb
    Jungle Swarm

Lizardnewb New Member

Hey Guys and Gals, so I'm currently getting into Warhammer Age of Sigmar and because of my ABSOLUTE love of Dinosaurs, decided to build my first Army with them. However I still am really new to the game and don't understand all the point values and such. Still I wanna build a fun army for my first one and since I'm still getting into the game, just wanna run around and cause some havoc lol. I started with one of the Seraphon starter kits, and made it into a Oldblood on Carno, the knights and the warriors. Not sure if that was the right move but I really really like the carno/oldblood model. Would love to hear input and ideas towards my first army, and will probably look to build a more competitive one after I really know how to play the game. Thanks GUYS!

Captaniser and Crowsfoot like this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard,

The generals handbook 2018 has all the point values for each army or you can use warscroll builder

https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

A second Starter box is a good investment but follow this guide to get more from it.

http://www.lustria-online.com/threa...rom-your-start-collecting-seraphon-box.20560/

Get a few games under your belt to get a feel for the army but some models you will need in the future.

Slann
    Basilidon
    Stegadon built as Engine Of The Gods (EotG)
    Skinks

Enjoy AOS and the mighty Seraphon.

3. GuaDan
    Kroxigor

GuaDan Well-Known Member

The minor converting from 1 or 2 start collecting boxes can give you very valuable units for free.

The models recommended above are almost a must-have and a you-can't-go-wrong.

There are other valuable units, such as Razordons, Salamanders or Ripperdactyl-Terradon.

I know, I know. Too many models, too expensive, most of them are very solid picks, dinosaurs are too awesome not to buy them all.

You can start with the SC boxes and build up from there considering looks, playstiles etc.

Seraphon relies on synergies (and dinosaur super-coolness), after you become familiar with the basic stats there is a lot in the tactics sections you can learn on interactions, formations and battalions. This can help you in picking the next models.

Lizardnewb and Crowsfoot like this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to the hobby!

Lizardnewb likes this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Welcome to the forum.

6. Xasto
    Terradon

Xasto Well-Known Member

Welcome! @Crowsfoot is steering you in the right path! Enjoy the Seraphons!

Crowsfoot likes this.
  7. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

In addition to the models @Crowsfoot recommended I would add a Saurus Astrolith Bearer. Either converting one as shown in Crowsfoot's SC box guide or buy one. I like that warriors come in units of 12 and don't convert mine because I find the extra warriors useful for when I take larger units sizes and want to drop the additional musicians and standard bearers.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    Crowsfoot likes this.
  8. Tokek
    Chameleon Skink

Tokek Well-Known Member

Welcome to our wonderful world of vicious dinosaurs!

I will second the recommendation to have a look at the starter kit guide at http://www.lustria-online.com/threa...rom-your-start-collecting-seraphon-box.20560/

The Troglodon part of that is a bit advanced but the rest is fairly simple.

For a relatively simple start to the carnage how about building 3 of your Knights as Scar Veterans on Cold Ones. You now have a bunch of fast moving Saurus Hero models with a couple of battleline units to back them up. Those heroes can run up the table pretty quickly and with the Oldblood's Command Ability and a few command points to utilise go pretty nuts if they make it into combat. It is not actually good - as in the sort of good that will win tournaments - but it will undeniably be fun when you pull it off and perfectly fits the brief of running around and causing havoc. Then build the other models suggested in that link and see what combinations you can make with them. Seraphon are an army where a lot of our units are not the best on a 1:1 comparison with others but we have strong synergies that work for us.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  9. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Welcome to the amazing hobby, to the lovely forum and to our awesome army !

Lizardnewb and Crowsfoot like this.
  10. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!

Lizardnewb likes this.