1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Sword of judgement

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by IggyStarhost, Dec 3, 2018.

1. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

Sorry not a pure Seraphon post.

I love sword of judgement on our scarvet on carno. But i’ve seen a few bretonnia post on TGA so it got me into my brets again. Especially with the king having 6 attacks and can easily get multiple +1 on hits.

You guys have always been a great help on rules and tactics. Here is my post from tga. What do you think?

“Hi Guys,

Just love to see some bretonnia fans here! It was my first and biggest love.

I collected them as a 10yo where they where in the box with the Lizardman.

After 15 years I recently got back in AOS and was heartbroken they killed out knights. Even more so since I’ve never even used them. So I have been playing some Seraphon in a competative scene. Love those lizard too. But I do feel an itch for The Knights on my next tournament. Especially wanting to use Louen Leoncour! So i’ve come up with the next list.

Allegiance: Order
    Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
    King on Hippogryph (400)
    - General
    - Trait: Strategic Genius
    - Artefact: Sword of Judgement
    Enchantress (160)

Battleline
    8 x Knights Of The Realm (220)
    16 x Men At Arms (120)

Units
    10 x Grail Knights (360)

Total: 1260 / 1250
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 200
    Wounds: 67

(Or change KotR to Errants if my opponent wants me to stay below 1250)

With the new artifacts, we can make some killer combo’s. The plan is to use the King as a hero/behemoth killer. With his command ability giving him +1 to hit and with the Enchantress also giving him a blessing for a +1 to hit (rerollable casting). Now being +2 to hit, rerollable vs heroes or monsters, doing d6 mortal wounds on a 4+ instead of a 6+. That average about more than 3 d6 mortal wounds and 2 regular hits. With also the damage from the hippogryf. I would say he could oneshot most heroes or monsters.

Besides him, I would use the 10 grailknights as wreckingball. Backedup by the Enchantress to have a 2+ rerollable. Just putting 10 knight in so they can take some ranged damage before they charge in.

Use the 10 Knights of the Realm as objective grabbers. And the MAA to screen or hold the home objective.

With being “only” 5 drops I should be able most times to give my opponent the first turn, so they are in charge ranged. In our local meta there arent much battalions in 1250 point tournaments.

A bit undecisive on the command trait. Master of defence is a nice wardsave. But I also do want my king to make the charge. Could make him dauntless, but rather have the command point so I could save it for his command ability. Comming to think of it, I think his command ability is stackable and could be used multiple times to even get a 3+ d6 mortal wounds, rerollable. Wow.

I know this list has shortcommings. Must have the charge. And screens can ruin my day. But I think this is the best I can do with the Brets. And just try to table my opponent but also not weak on the objective games.

Also any other artifact with 6+ effects on the hit roll are nice for the King if you dont want him to be a hero/monster hunter, but just a melee beast.

What do you guys thinks?”

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I'm pretty confident SoJ will be nerfed soon, just to avoid things like this one. Probably it will trigger only on an unmodified roll of 6

3. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

This will be a buff, from the other side, because -1 to-hit won't negate it. Reducing it to d3 would be a more fair nerf.

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. PJetski
    Chameleon Skink

PJetski Active Member

Seraphon don't have many ways to get +1 hit, but we have the Oldblood on Carnosaurs command ability to give +2 attacks. It's not as good for just buffing Sword of Judgment, but it's very good when you are buffing multiple Saurus heroes with powerful artifacts.

I wrote a thread about this kind of list a while ago, check it out here http://www.lustria-online.com/threa...thions-tail-stacking-command-abilities.21683/

IggyStarhost likes this.
  5. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

Nice thanks! Even if Sword of judgement would get nerfed. Blade of endings would be nice aswell with +2dmg. Or blade of carving for autowound or magmaforgedblade for an extra mortal wound additional to the damage. Just nice to have many too hit boosters. Finally he could be worth his 400 points.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  6. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

If you have both oldblood and scarvet on carno, you can double Scarvet's weapon attacks with just 3 CP. With blade of judgement, this is 2d6 mortal wounds on average. Great to destroy a VLoZD with Ethereal shield, or BCR. And Scarvet on Cold one is even better at this if you manage to roll 4+, after he finished his attacks.

7. tom
    Skink

tom Member

I must have totally misunderstood the SoJ. I thought that once triggered, the entire attack sequence ends for the weapon so it can only trigger once per combat and would mean no normal wounds can take place alongside .. That seems much more balanced..

8. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

no my friend, that individual hit does the mortal wounds... the attack does not end.