1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS synergies with other races

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by dwarfepic, Mar 12, 2016.

1. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

for quite a while I have been contemplating on good synergies for the seraphon from other armies, such as stormcasts or dwarfs. if anyone has any good ideas towards this, then put them in here. I myself have found quite a few, but if you have any others put them down below.

anyway, here are mine:
    wood elf lord on forest dragon
    temple guard
    eternity warden

this is very defensive and works best if you set it up around a choke point. the temple guard are the core of this, and the eternity warden is so you can pull of the starhost and get more attacks from him. as for the dragon, he is so that you are guaranteed first hit with you temple guard and then can maximize the damage output. the dragon also has a few attacks and will help with the damage also.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I think anything with general debuffs like that could fit into any army.

3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Pick a typical Dwarfs' artillery.
    Or a High Elf Dragon Mage, with Flames of the Phoenix .
    Dangerous units, that can be screwed by unlucky rolls.
    Now, support them with a Starseer...

I cannot think to a more formidable defense, than an Eternal Starhost, flanked by a Dwarfs' gunline, empowered by Curse of Fate and Cosmic Herald.

dwarfepic likes this.
  4. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

Honestly I don't feel like any armies can properly support us, at least as well as we support ourselves. If you want cross-army synergy, having us in the support role would be more effective.

Bowser likes this.
  5. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

it could go either way for support, as long as the army is made more formidable, then the synergy works

6. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Though that said, Tempestors and a Lord Relictor would be aces in any army army because they can afflict enemies with a -1 To Hit modifier each. On average the enemy will be hitting on 6's when the Relictor and Tempestors both target the same unit.

Bowser likes this.
  7. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

On the topic of stormcast, concussors with the forest dragons breath attack means that the enemy will always attack last and will not be able to pile in if you get a single six to wound. That may mean the unit will not be able to maximise the number of attacks they get through piling in.

8. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Problem there is we're a one-wound infantry army, we still need to pile in to maximise our attacks and the more people we get in attack range, the more enemies get to attack back.

I reckon pulling a combo of the Tempestors giving an enemy unit -1 To Hit with Disruptive Fire, a Relictor giving another with Lightning Storm, a Starpriest targeting the same unit with Starlight for another, and then maybe another Starpriest using Starlight on our unit for a further -1 to give a -4 To Hit.

9. Rekmeister
    Skink

Rekmeister Member

I sometimes run Festus the Leechlord alongside my Guard-Centric army. He's a nice way of healing my support heroes, and his unique spell effectively raises an enemies' save by 1. He's pretty useful given we don't exactly have a lot of rend.

dwarfepic and Bowser like this.
  10. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

That said if our enemys are conccused by the dracothian guard, then they are hit by the temple guard, hopefully killing allmost all models in range, the enemys cannot pile in so cannot maximise thier attacks and will allways be attacking last. This will realy stop the hurt coming our way.

11. Hero606v2
    Skink

Hero606v2 New Member

Eternal Starhost and Sisters of the Thorn, get the guard in cover and stick a mystic shield on them; they get a reroll save and if they get 2 or more they're inflicting a mortal wound back at the attacker for every save made.

12. Killer Angel
    Slann

Almost.
    with sisters, you inflict a mortal wound not for every succesful save, but for successful saves of 6 or more.
    Still amazing, given that you should count on at least a +2 on saves... ;)

13. Hero606v2
    Skink

Hero606v2 New Member

With the guard though (formation, mystic and cover) you're adding +4 to your roll therefore if you roll a 2 it's bumping up to a 6.

14. Killer Angel
    Slann

Yes, but you are dedicating additional resources to it... if my guards start at 4+ and the formation gives them a +2, you're already saving at 2+.
    Mystic Shield would be only to do more mortal wounds (not that it's bad)

15. Hero606v2
    Skink

Hero606v2 New Member

Ah fair enough, though without the mystic shield and just sticking them in a wood etc then they're inflicting mortal wounds back on a 3+ which is not to be sniffed at ;)

16. Tlac'Natai the Observer
    Cold One

Tlac'Natai the Observer Active Member

Has anybody seen the South Coast Grand Tournament section of games-workshop online store? All three are mixed armies in some way. I feel like that legitimizes this discussion more.

Bowser likes this.
  17. YZK
    Saurus

YZK Member

I think there's definitely synergy. We can - for example - use Shadowblades' Assassins! I would probably use them on Terradons or Rippers, to be able to deliver them to enemy Hero models - but I'm likely to miss a better use for them.

Anyway, another synergy that I think will be pretty good, is the Fyreslayers' Forge Brethren formation; 3 units of Auric Hearthguard and a Auric Runesmiter (on foot or on Magmadroth). First of all, Auric Hearthguard bring more ranged - and pretty decent ranged at that; 2 attacks of 3+/3+ (the runesmiter will be close by) rend-1 at 15" range. More so, they slow Monsters, and make it harder for that Monster to hit anything. Having the Runesmiter on a Magmadroth does first of all, match with us lizards, and secondly AoE-buff Fyreslayer units, allowing them to re-roll wound rolls - among other stuff.
    Now, the formation is the beauty of it; the Bulwark of Molten Stone ability allows you to give a 3 times a +1 Save on target unit within 15" of the Auric Hearthguard. I think this will work well with the Eternal Starhost, one way or another (imagine that with Sisters of the Thorn!). Anyway, it does get a little expensive though; it's at least 20 wounds, if you take the Runesmiter on foot. While typing this, I think this will match really well with the Thunderquake Starhost as well - 3 free +1 Saves on those big beasties? Yes please!

dwarfepic and Bowser like this.
  18. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

Anything Order with Collegiate Arcane especially the Hurricanum.
    +1 to hit aura bubble to Order units

and with the Storm of Shemtek and the Comet of Cassandora you have a big potential of dealing Mortal wounds

Bowser likes this.
  19. heksagon
    Saurus

heksagon Active Member

I use my Seraphons with Stormcast aaaand they're working great together.
    My favorite mix is using Carnos with Decimators (great damage, -2 to Bravery. Battleshock phase could be a real PAIN for your opponent).

Also, using Kroak with any of Stormcast's Deep Strike Formation is REALLY fun. :) Your opponent is busy since the first turn and you can attack his units with Kroak's spells.

Btw. I know this sucks, but does anyone has SC Warrior Brotherhood Warscroll? I could buy an Order Battletome, but I just need that one Warscroll, so... :p It would be ultra cool if anyone could send me this Warscroll.

Bowser likes this.
  20. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

If I ever get a chance to try AoS, I will probably just grab as much grey plastic as I can find, dump it all in a big box, and call it an army...see what happens.

What Warscroll should I use for all these Skinks with bows?