1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Tactics help for newbie.

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Drofnum, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Drofnum
    Cold One

Drofnum Well-Known Member

I'm still fairly new to Warhammer and have collected a few units for my army. The problem i am having is that a lot of the units were gifted to me and as such are kind of random, I cant really see a good way to use them and create a solid synergy with what I have.

Right now I have: (I think this list is complete, going from memory here)

1 x Troglodon
    1 x Stegadon(Can be a Stegadon or EOTG)
    1 x Skink priest
    1 x Sunblood
    3 x Ripperdactyls
    8 x Saurus Knights
    10 x Saurus Guard
    20 x Saurus Warriors

I've been using the Sunblood as my general and his command ability is fine, but nothing amazing really. I usually just use my guards as a wall to protect my skink/Stegadon and let my stegadon shoot in to enemies as i advance. Using the rippers and knights to flank most the time. What i'm not sure about is where to go with the army from here, I like the idea of the guard with an Eternity Warden but then I feel like i also need a Slann to make that as effective as possible. I could also go with a scar vet on carno or something like that to strengthen the knights up.

Mostly what i'm looking for is an idea on how to tie most of the units i have together and to form a solid core to my army, any ideas are welcome.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Drofnum
    Cold One

I believe i posted this in the wrong forum. Army list might be a better place for it?

3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

For now put in a sunclaw starhost with the sunblood. I would pick up the get started box, build the Oldblood on Carnosaur and convert one of the knights to a scar-vet on cold one. Pick up the eternity warden and field a bloodclaw starhost. then pick up the slann to complete your synergies . But so far you have the right idea.

4. Drofnum
    Cold One

How would you convert one of the knights to a scar-vet on cold one?

5. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

Just have a look at the painting and converting section... There are many cool ideas on here!
    Easiest way I guess is to just use the commander's head you didn't use for the commander (if you know what I mean) and add some leftover extra bits from the different kits you have to the model. This will make him stand out from the others enough to show he's the scar veteran...

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

You can also paint him different from your core troops to make him stand out.

Bowser and tom ndege like this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Yeah really anything goes. Most people will use a scar-vet head from the Carnosaur kit and then add extra feathers or give him a different weapon. Whatever makes it look different from the rest.

tom ndege and Crowsfoot like this.