1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics

Discussion in 'Ideas, problems and feedback' started by The Hunted, Jul 20, 2009.

1. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

I'd Like to see a special Tactics section for :

Army specific Tactics.

Either Linked to some other page and so you could click an army and view the army specific tactics (that our members write!).
    Or just as the Fluff section is made, a subforum it's called?

Anyway, I'm also active on Bugman's Brewery and I check the Army-Specific Tactics a lot!
    It helps players (new and veterans) and grows community....so: give me the down sides of it! (or the credit! :D )

Hope my idea was of any value

The Hunted

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah this has come up here before, it can indeed be a good idea and very helpful. The dowside is you often find a couple of armies that get basically no responses for ages and others that take off, the subforum becomes a bit unbalanced. I think a subforum with a sticky thread for each army is the best way to do it if it happens, just my opinion. Up to Sammy.

3. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

The point you make will always be there. Even some 'normal' discussions will not get a lot of attention while they're very good. That's just the way fora work i guess...
    I did not know this came up before :) still love it!
    I'm just gonna dream on :)

4. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

Sounds like a good idea, maybe we could collaboratively write a LM tactica which would be unique to this site, a community effort.

It is hard though, it took two years for us to write one on Wood Elves on LO, and also many other armies tried to do one as well but failed due to lack of interest. Maybe we could see who would be interested first, then if there are enough people wanting to help out we can make a sub forum for it where all the contributors can post and discuss ideas.

5. Barotok
    Terradon

Barotok New Member

I'll start by saying that I am very interested in this concept and would love to be able to contribute. I am most interested in the Theoryhammer behind army lists, but will be willing to help with what ever is needed.

6. snowywlf
    Cold One

snowywlf New Member

Well, Barotok sums up my thoughts as usual. In fact, a perfect ditto of what he said. :D

7. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Revered_Guardian New Member

Some other sites also have something I would like to see, a run down of each individual unit of ours, their strengths, weaknesses, builds etc. all pact onto one thread.

8. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

9. snowywlf
    Cold One

snowywlf New Member

10. Barotok
    Terradon

Barotok New Member

I took a look at the thread you linked over on LO and I think thats probably what we're looking at creating here (or something every similar). Once again, I'm happy to contribute.

11. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

:D Nice to get response!
    and yeah Sammy your probably right, I'm interested as well :p
    You could also look at bugmans brewery: http://www.bugmansbrewery.com/forum/24-bugmans-school-of-battle/
    These are just open topics where everybody who has something usefull to say can speak. Or we could do the rundown of units like you suggested on LO. I'd just like to get a start on something to get the ball rolling. If it rolls and we have loads of interest, we could expand further. If the ball stops dead because interest is low, so be it; but then we tried.
    So, is there enough interest?
    What type of tactica are we going to (try) create? (rundown, combo's, army specific tactics...)
    Is this idea manageble? If yes, How long would it take to complete?
    is there enough feedback?

I think we all need to ask ourselves these questions..Before we move on I just need to retrieve my Army Book...:s..

Love the feedback :)
    The Hunted