1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tau book?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Revered_Guardian, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Revered_Guardian New Member

Anyone know how long ago the Tau were updated? Ive read there book and it seems they have alot of rules that refer to the last rulebook (target priority etc)

2. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

Its from back in 4th ed.

3. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Revered_Guardian New Member

Which means they'll get an update soon....and be even better at blowing people up!
    :mad:

4. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

Nah, not that soon, first they're re-doing all the Space Marines (im sooooooooooooooo sick of 'em, im even thinking of disowning my army of them for a while ;)) Then im pretty sure it'll be DE, and then i have no idea, its anyone's bet.

But hopefully NOT Tau, not for a long time....

And im sure the person that writes it (provided its not Phil Kelly, i love that guy) will probably make some stupid rule giving Kroot Assault grenades... something about them throwing up anything they don't digest....

RULE: (Italics is fluff.)
    Violent Vomit: before the battle starts, the kroot ingest a large quantaty of metal, and stone, this is they then vomit this at any foe who is entrenched in cover, buying them precious seonds
    Kroot count as armed with Assault grenades (and very bad breath!)

See, i added the joke becasuse the people who wright them always, always, ALWAYS make some kind of lame-ass joke whenever they can.

5. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Legend has it that Tyranids are getting a new Codex and Battleforce before either DE or anything else really (aside from the Puppies). They're both listed as "No Longer Available" on the GW site. This is, of course, better news for my little brother than for me, but I'm still pretty excited. I would like to see some new Tau stuff, though. Maybe some more Kroot options, like an HQ and a Heavy Support choice (Great Knarloc, anyone?), so that a guy could hypothetically have an all-Kroot army. More in need of re-doing, though, are the Vespids. I love the models, but they're pretty much useless from what I hear.

6. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I thought they became available again? Anyway, IF nids are next they aren't for a while yet (start of next year? maybe december?) and all the Skaven stuff is still available despite coming out in november.

I have no idea why nids aren't at the moment, maybe they are selling like crazy. But it seems really really stupid to me that they just come out with this fantastic Space Hulk game featuring nids, and pull em from the shelves... Only time will tell, new nids would be great. Lucky for me I have a shitload of them, because I am sure the current battleforce will become less value. I mean; HQ, 2 troops and a heavy support in 1 box? What were GW thinking?

7. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

It wouldn't be December, I don't think. They'll probably wait until February to release whatever's coming next, be it Tyranids, DEldar, or what have you.

8. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Which again makes it completely out of the norm for GW and unusual to pull the nids off the shelves now, some 5-6 months before the new ones. Unless they have been keeping a sneaky surprise and plan an october release... Should be on advance order by now if that were the case though.

I don't think Dark Eldar will be next, it will be interesting to see what happens though.