1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Shroom - Fantasy Tale of Painters - Round One

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Toastee, May 1, 2009.

1. Toastee
    Skink

Toastee New Member

This will be the thread for the first round of the TS ToP. Please post all 500 point lists and model work in this thread. :)

------
    Toastee's first 500 point Dwarf List:

20 Warriors
    S.Bearer + Musician

20 Warriors
    S.Bearer + Musician

10 Thunderers.

Its a fairly big chunk of models I think, but I figure get all the mass out of the way at the start. With 2 months to get this done, I think I can do it. :)
    I haven't got a completed 2k list in mind yet, but there will be bolt throwers and Longbeards still to come.

2. Martox
    Jungle Swarm

Martox New Member

Oi oi gitz.

My first 500 will be as follows:

Black Orc Warboss - 275
    - Heavy Armour
    - Boar
    - Ulags Akk'rit Axe
    - Enchanted Shield
    - Warboss Umm's Best Boss 'At
    - Warboss Imbad's Iron Gnashas

18 Orcs - 156
    - Full Command
    - Two Choppas

17 Night Goblins (68 points) from the following unit

30 Night Goblins - 225
    - Full Command
    - 2 Fanatics
    - Netters
    - Spears

Total: 499

Thats alot of model, but it shouldn't be too hard over 2 months. Plus, cutting a unit of gobbos in half over each of the orc units should let me get my core blocks out of the way at the very start, leaving the faster stuff for later.

3. Toastee
    Skink

Toastee New Member

I've actually come to change mine. I re-checked my list and found that I hadn't added Shields to my Warriors, so, I need to change my list.

So my first round list changes to:

20 Warriors: S.Bearer, Musician, Shields.

10 Thunderers

10 Thunderers

Total: 475

Also, I need to declare, that I have no models that are already or part built! Woot!

4. Quetzpatli
    Jungle Swarm

Quetzpatli New Member

Leezards!

Kha'Chuq
    Level 1 Skink Priest
    65pts

10 Temple guard
    Revered Guardian with Burning Blade of Chotec, standard bearer, musician
    215pts

16 Saurus
    Full command, spears
    222pts

I'm 2 points over, apparently this is ok. Not that it matters much, since there aren't any games this round. This being a lizardmen forum, if any of you fine folks fancy giving me some tips they'll be much appreciated. The army should have some decent balance to it once it reaches 1000pts.

5. zahariel
    Jungle Swarm

zahariel New Member

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!

"Arrrghhh...maim, burn, ki..."
    Ooops, scuse me *wipes froth from mouth*, been reading that army book too much. As you may have gathered I am investing my Warriors of Chaos army, hereafter known as Argon the Bloody's marauding venture down south to pillage, burn and kill all you soft southern pansies (also it's blooming cold up here in the frozen chaos wastes!!!), with the fury of Khorne!!!

Bit of info on the army. They are from the Kurgan tribe, so darker skin, tattooooos, fierce rabid savages to be honest. The Kurgan are apparently the most numerous, fierce and bloodthirsty of the northern tribes. Always up for a little jaunt in search of casual killing and pillaging no matter the weather!
    The rest of my list is in a state of flux, not quite sure what else to put in but there will be Khorne Warriors have no doubt, even though I detest painting red (which I will have to buy some more of!).
    So in essence my army should probably be the easiest to complete as they are all a bit pricey points wise!!

Righto, less gibbering like a demented baboon, here's me first 454pts list:

5 x Chaos Knights 280pts
    Full command and mark of Khorne

16 x Marauders 116Pts
    Full command, flails and shields.

10 x Chaos Warhounds 60pts

P.S I told you, how easy is that gonna be, two months, pah, i'll have it done if I apply my mind.....oooohh shiny stuff....huh..what'm I meant to be doing, where am I...what is this place.....CCURSE YOU, YOU.. oh wait never mind..

6. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Re: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!

I find that comment most amusing. The Lizardmen player has less models than you, and in fact the O&G only have one more model. :p I am sure you will fix that up as the points level increases though. ;)

7. zahariel
    Jungle Swarm

zahariel New Member

Re: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!

Hmmm I see where you are coming from on that one, but I was talking about the army as a whole, not just the first months lists! just wait till the months that include Khorne warriors, dragon ogres or hero on juggernaught, it'll be like 16 models max to paint over two month periods!!!! :D

I'm hoping to get my bulky stuff like marauders and hounds out the way asap!

8. Scarred
    Jungle Swarm

Scarred New Member

Take their gold, burn their homes, kill their families and enslave their souls. Show them no MERCY
    Ok Scarred here and will be joining the ToP with the Mighty Dark Elves.

First 500pts are.

Sorceress / Cold One, Darkstar Cloak, Tomb of Furion = 195pts

5 Cold One Knights / Full Command = 175pts

10 Crossbowmen / 120pts

Total 490pts. ///

9. decado
    Jungle Swarm

decado New Member

sorry iv'e taken so long about this lads but iv'e been finishing off me land raider and shrike models :D

ive decided that im going to do for this round;

10 thunderers with shields 150
    10 thunderers with shields 150
    15 warriors with full command and shields 160
    master engineer 70

i know thats its 30 pts over but i cant fit it in any other way

for the special feature im going to be doing the historic landmark

10. zahariel
    Jungle Swarm

zahariel New Member

Bad news, fell off my bike and dislocated my shoulder and ripped my lilgaments to itty bitty little pieces!!
    Don't know how long i'm gonna incapacitated for so it's looking like this first month i'm gonna get zilch for painting but I have built my models already! So not a total loss then, just a little bit annoyed though! :rage:

11. Scarred
    Jungle Swarm

Scarred New Member

Ok hello again just quick note as noticed that did not mention that the Sorceress is a Lv 2. Ok sorry people

Plus just finished glueing all this months models together. So some points anyway.

12. decado
    Jungle Swarm

decado New Member

i've decided against putting shields on the thunderers after all, so i can take a 5+ ward save rune from shooting from the battle standard (better me thinks).

and the first 500 pts plus the special objective are finnished.

i'll post the pics on me deviant art when ive taken and uploaded them.