1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Tell me what is usefull in 8th edistion *.*

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Nericon, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Nericon
    Saurus

Nericon New Member

Hello Fellow Lizardmen player (probably)
    WHere i come from the 8th edition wont be out until the 10th of july...and i was wandering what major changes will be made in how to build up your army?
    For instance...
    Will it be usefull to use the Engine of the Gods...
    I already heared that Salamanders will become WAY better. Also i'd like to know if its still usefull to put either the terradon or kroxigor into play. (or both off course).
    and things like core and the Cold one riders...How to equip them...or do i even put them in my army?
    Tell me about every unit type if you please. Or only the importand ones.
    I hope to hear lots of usefull replies
    Greetings,
    Nericon

2. Eagleblaze
    Temple Guard

Eagleblaze New Member

No one will truly know the answer to this until after july and once many test games have been played, but more to the point, there are threads upon threads that cover this stuff, maybe you should read them instead of asking people to repeat stuff that has been covered.

3. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

well for me i wont leave my home without slann and salamanders.
    what i wont take i guess is terradons for sure, meiby i wont take any kroxigors, and stegadons are a question asswell, i have one stegadon and that will be it i guess, EOTG just not worth its points now.
    but hey we still have to wait and see the erretas, meiby they will make us happy :)

4. kables
    Saurus

kables New Member

i some what agree with walgis

my slaan and Sala's are MVP
    ALL my Blowpipes are Javelins
    my stegs are not leaving the house unless its a 2500 or more game

my saurus are not gonna have spears

as for terradons im gonna give them another another test here in a couple hours.

5. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

The most useful thing in 8th edition would probably be proper spelling.
    I'm sorry, I had to.

I'm fond of my hand weapons/shield Saurus. They're getting better now, so nothing bad at all.
    I'm also fond of everything else that are Saurus. Cold one riders, Old bloods, you name it!
    My Chilly lizards are going to finally get painted up and get some handlers too.

Other than that I don't know, as does no one else until the book really comes out.

Cheers!

6. Nericon
    Saurus

Nericon New Member

Thnx Guys.
    How do u guys look upon razordons in an army?...i rlly like their looks XD and wanted to put sum in my army. but ive heared that they've been decreased in usefullness..ish...ness.
    Plz reply about that?

7. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

yes they look awsome, but i dont have them becouse theyre not good enough.
    i mean you could buy 32 skirmishers for 3 razordons points. and those skirmisher IMHO will do a better job than razordons. thats my opinion. Salamandras FTW!!

8. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

Or you could buy the Razordon models, convert them with big back-fin things and paint them fiery colours to use as sallies? ;) Thats my plan anyway, not a fan of the sallie models!

9. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

If you are going to take a priest, you need at least 2. Otherwise you need to hid the one you have. In lower points games this is imperitive.

Salamanders are amazingly effective.

Unit strength needs to be at least 25-40 to be effective against magic and shooting. No longer is full command a bad thing. Banners and musicians are a must. Unit champions will help with close combat though (so I think they are worth taking now).

If you take skirmishers, take a unit of 20 and give them javelins. of the times that I shot, I was only able to double tap once (blowpipes should be quick to fire).

Chameleons would be worth their weight in gold. Just to draw enemy fire. You can deploy them at 12 inches in the open. 5 of them would be a great way to draw fire.

10. lazylizard
    Temple Guard

lazylizard New Member

hahaha!!!! now that was real funny :D

i really find the kroxigors to be excellent in 8th. bring 6 and rank them up, people do fear the kroxigors, get all 18 attacks and stomp attacks.

11. Skrox
    Cold One

Skrox New Member

These guys are right of course, but I am still bringing my terradons, because I bought them and painted them damn it! You make a higher point unit like a 20 man TG unit less useful (and they did) and I'll leave it at home, but at only ninety points I am bringing the cool looking unit I already paid for.

12. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Terradons are still fare from useless. While I might not recommend 2 units of them any more I am still taking 1 unit. But this is mainly from the boost that chameleon skinks got as opposed to a march blocking and LOS nerf to terradons. But with terradons stomp attacks and vangaurd move and marching and shooting they are still very good.

13. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

Forgive me, but what boost did chameleon skinks get?

14. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Scouts can now deploy anywhere 12" away from enemy, even in plain sight so opponents can't camp out terrain and make your scouting deployment useless any more. Plus the fact that skirmishers can march and shoot also helps them.

The only restriction is you can't charge the first turn with scouts if you go first

15. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

Another question...

I heard that war machine crews now have the amount of wounds that the crew has and there's no more randomizing. Would this mean you can no longer poison the crews of war machines?

16. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

From how I understand it poison works on both warmachines and chariots. So those crew guys can't hide behind their cannon, because skinks got x-ray vision!

Cheers!

17. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Ya, war machines are no longer immune to poison in 8th.

18. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

Well then, heck yeah chamo skinks are awesome now! Deploy 6 within 12 inches of a 2 crew bolt thrower. Shoot 12 shots first turn. On average, you will do 2 poisonous wounds = dead bolt thrower turn one and your skirmishers are now free to harass the enemy from behind their lines for the rest of the game. Unless I'm missing something about the deployment rules?

19. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Nope just 12" away. Simple and effective :)