1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Template for Posting Lists?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by RandomTsar, Dec 30, 2019.

1. RandomTsar
    Saurus

RandomTsar Active Member

Hey everyone,

I was wondering what the preferred template to share a list is?

I wanted to share some/suggest to others, however, I have a thing for good text layout and have seen a few different ways to do it. BUT what do you all prefer?

Suggestions?

I'd love to see your different layouts and talk about the reasoning for including/positioning things in a certain way!

*Disclaimer* Sorry if this isn't the best place to post this but I figured it might eventually be a useful sticky for this thread for new people wanting to ask advice on their lists (like me).

*edit* Oh wow first post not requiring approval by a mod!

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Here is an example of how I like to format my list. I have never thought to ask for reader feed back. Very interested to hear people comments.

Lizerd, Ustyk and RandomTsar like this.
  3. RandomTsar
    Saurus

RandomTsar Active Member

When first investigating your lists, your style has been very helpful!
    Everything is portioned in clear sections which I love. You've made it very clear and easy to not only see composition but the fact that you include some tactics and reasoning makes it even better!

One criticism I have would be that you don't mark what is necessary for list composition. ie, which units are battle line/artillery.
    I know for veteran players this isn't a big deal but as a new player, I found that the lists which included those kinds of things helpful.

ie
    Leader 1/6 (heroes/leaders a bit redundant since you already separate them)
    Battleline 1/3, 2/3, etc
    Artillery 1/4 etc.

Another criticism, at least for use on this forum, is that I would suggest the use of spoilers! I find it very helpful to make blocks of text more manageable.

But still great list composition!

LizardWizard and Erta Wanderer like this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Ohh, I really like the idea of using spoiler flydown boxes for blocks of text.

Definitely going to do this when I rewrite list for a new battletome/ghb and on my priority targets thread.

RandomTsar likes this.