1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Temple Guard 'Mascot' for army #1

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by angelwuff, Sep 14, 2009.

1. angelwuff
    Saurus

angelwuff New Member

So starting three lizardman armies, slowly over time to collect a bunch of different units. Lets me mix up painting some too =D

Here's army #1, going to compose mostly of saurus blocks around a BIG block of TG with a BSB and slann @.@ Or a please, shoot me unit. @.@ And a few skinks, some razordons (sallies are for another army, fits the defensive theme better) and a stegadon (you always need a stegadon!) and I think it'll do OK.

For tournaments and competetive play, I'll mix units from the armies to get more competitive then themed lists.

So on with the show!

Shield view
    IM000594.jpg

Front View
    IM000595.jpg

Back View
    IM000596.jpg

another back view!
    IM000597.jpg

Wargame view!
    IM000598.jpg

not my best. but not my worst. The mounts will be red skinned with blue scales. so I guess purplish. heh, will have a 'barney' stego... =D

Otherwise, I think the color pattern will do fine. now to paint 24 skinks, 1 skink mage, 18 saurus, and 9 more TG in it... :jawdrop:

... man that flash washes him out a little >.<

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

He looks pretty cool, looks like you have gone into a lot of detail on the model. It really shows, nice work! :)

3. angelwuff
    Saurus

angelwuff New Member

Thanks. It's a little... washed out. but sort of how my style ends up. partly because I foolishly assembled then painted. man TG are nothing but pointy bits blocking other pointy bits.

He's more than enough to game with though, which is where I'm mostly aiming my paint skill. And I haven't painted in a bit. >.< and first saurus.

So lessee. gobbo green might be a bit too 'sharp' a color and gretchin green may get a mroe natural scales feel. Thankfully, I'm letting myself vary shade along figures, to add some contrast and avoid 'send in the clones!' effects.

warpaint will be used to differentiate units too.

also. too much grass. didn't expect all that to stick @.@

He's having a stroll in a park =D