1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terradons and Darn flying bases.

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Grifthin, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Grifthin
    Saurus

Grifthin New Member

Sigh - how to stop flying bases break off while travelling ? Thats the question ? What did you lads use instead of the normal bases ?

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

It is a problem with all flying creatures... I place them upside down so the weight isn't on the stalk and pad them with foam so they can't move around. Otherwise, you can try to drill it and rig it up more like a peg so you don't need to glue it, just take it on and off. Or magnetize them so you can just pull them off, probably would need a decent sized magnet on the terradon side to keep it together.

3. pixelsponge
    Skink

pixelsponge New Member

After having those plastic pegs break over and over, I finally stopped using them. I now use a heavy gauge wire which I don't glue the terradon to, that way in transit it can come apart. Works great for me, but its more work.

This is an example what I did, but right now you can't see it because photobucket is currently down, hopefully that will change soon.

th_terradon_01.jpg th_terradon_02.jpg

4. kkboy
    Skink

kkboy Member

Here is a link for very small magnets: http://www.supermagnete.de/eng/index.php?adwords_de_eng_neodym&gclid=CJLfrI7mpZkCFUESzAod_wfEZA

5. Cliff
    Skink

Cliff New Member

Sweet looking models !
    I really like the earthfeel of the mounts/monsters, how have u done it ?
    And how did u do the genelar lizards in your army. I just love em !!