1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS The General's Handbook II Wishlist

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Draconder, May 19, 2017.

1. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

That's similar to how an EotG works. It has some chance of summoning something but other things can happen as well.
    EDIT Sorry I misunderstood your post.
    Yes, your suffestion could also work.

Captaniser and Ritual like this.
  2. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

EotG is unlimited, this puts a hard limit on the Slaans power for the match, he gets 3 goes then that's that. Don't have the book to hand to check out the Lord of Change rules, but its definitely something along those lines.

Aginor likes this.
  3. Tozon
    Saurus

Tozon Active Member

My guess is that we will see zero changes in rules and the only changes are going to be in points, as such I would like some reductions across the board just to give us that little bit of a boost we need until the rules are updated.

I think an increase could be seen in Bastiladons as the laser beam is pretty strong on something so hard to kill, so overall I would like to see:

Lord Kroak - Points reduction to 400 as currently to prohibitive for the cost
    Slann Starmaster - Points reduction to 200 given the changes in summoning rules
    Skink Priest - Fine. Maybe drop to 80 in line with some of the newer characters
    Skink Starpriest - Fine.
    Skink Starseer - Fine.
    Saurus Oldblood - Fine.
    Saurus Sunblood - Fine.
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One - Fine.
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer - Fine. Maybe drop to 140
    Saurus Eternity Warden - Fine. Maybe drop to 120
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur - Reduce to 300
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur - Reduce to 240
    Engine of the Gods - Reduce to 200 given the summoning rule changes
    Saurus Warriors - Fine. I'm not sure if reducing the cost here would overpower them.
    Skinks - Fine.
    Saurus Guard - Fine.
    Saurus Knights - I think reducing cost would be bad here, the rules are the issue.
    Ripperdactyl Riders - Fine, possible increase to 160 IF there are reductions across the board
    Terradon Riders - Fine, possibly reduce to 120
    Chameleon Skinks - Fine
    Kroxigor - Reduce to 160
    Skink Handlers - Reduce to 20
    Razordons - Slightly overpriced but a reduction would make them possibly too good
    Salamanders - Slightly overpriced but a reduction would make them possibly too good
    Bastiladon - Increase to 320/340
    Stegadon - Fine
    Troglodon - Reduce to 160/180

Alongside this there should be a LARGE reduction on all of our formations as they are definitely prohibitive for what they do.

I think this alongside an increase in some other units (cough Stormfiends cough) I think would be a good start in letting us be a touch more competitive.

Obviously all this goes out the window if any of the key game rules (especially summoning rules) are altered in any way as that would mean our utility could go up/ down depending on the changes.

As a whole though I don't think we'll see what we want to see as I think they will play safe and I feel that with a lot of our units it is the inherent RULES that are bad not the POINTS, and as such this fix will not be able to do what it needs to.

TLDR: I would like to see a small points reduction across the board on a number of units to make them more playable as I do not think we will see any rules changes with GHII, however I am not sure they will do enough to make Seraphon competitive.

Captaniser, Aginor and Ritual like this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Pretty much the values I had in mind myself, with the exception of Warriors that I would also reduce to 80 and I wouldn't increase the Basti's points because his damage output is so unreliable.

Captaniser and Ritual like this.
  5. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

I fully agree about the squishie part!

As for the summoning, why not some system where you have to do something in order to get that? Like my idea for the Seraphon ability "Geomantic Web" here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BySRcyTjvqKIeFhsQnBRV3Z1bDQ

Ritual, Aginor and Captaniser like this.
  6. claymore36
    Saurus

claymore36 Active Member

One idea I've been toying with are more deepstrike options. Since our armies are supposed to appear from the heavens at a moment's notice maybe our armies can appear out of nowhere. I would love for the firelance starhost to gain this ability, and with the charge buffs they get they could easily get into combat. It could make up for their lack of durability and rather lackluster damage capabilities.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    Aginor and Ritual like this.