1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS The Great Frogmans Summoning Bongaloo (2k)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Batch, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Batch
    Cold One

Batch Active Member

Alright, getting right back into Seraphon, and painting up a lot of these bad boys, painting skinks might just be the end of me, but here goes.

Allegiance: Seraphon
    Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Trait: Vast Intellect
    - Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices
    Engine of the Gods (220)
    - Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
    Engine of the Gods (220)
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)

Battleline
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)

Units
    3 x Razordons (120)
    3 x Skink Handlers (40)

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (280)
    Bastiladon (280)

Battalions
    Thunderquake Starhost (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain
    Balewind Vortex (40)
    Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 1980 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 1
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 91

Alternatively I can swap two Razordons out for a Skink Star Priest for better chances of getting the endless spells on the field so the Slann can get those juicy summoning points.

Now after a hopefully successful turn 1, we should be making an average of 18 points a turn, thats a lot of Trogglodons. But this is what I have in my summoning bank, what should I be prioritising ( I know its mainly situational but whats the general consensus)

1 x Dread Saurian
    1 x Oldblood on Carno
    1 x Troglodon
    1 x Bastiladon (Should really get another and just cover the field in laser beams)
    1 x Skink Priest
    1 x Astrolith Bearer (Dont see the point of more then one on the field)
    1 x Skink Starseer (Whom I wish was better :c )
    20 x Saurus Warriors
    70 x Blowpipe Skinks (Who will hopefully be summoned by the EoTG anyway)
    10 x Chameleon Skinks
    6 x Ripperdactyls

So with that in mind I know summoning a Dread Saurian turn 3 is probably too late....but tempting?

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

Wilhelm Stürmer Well-Known Member

As tempting as it may be, don't summon a DS. It's fun and could definitely have huge pyscological affect on your opponent, but you'd be sending into battle unbuffed. If you want a DS, bring it in your list.

The Starseer is absolutely not worth summoning or fielding.

In your T1, even if you successfully cast both BWV and Cogs, you'll still only get 11-13 CCP. You've got a decent chance of getting enough CCP to summon a Starpriest, but it wouldn't be able to cast until your next turn. Ideally, you want the Starpriest to cast Cogs and the Slann to then manipulate it, so he starts T1 with 4 casts/12 CCP, plus the additional from being General and the AstroBear, so 14-16.

Priority of summoning is very situational. If the EotG rolls for a summon, and you can bring in Rippers, they get a Blot Toad (only in T1, though). Then you could summon in more Rippers and potentially have some serious hitting power. Otherwise, Skinks are always a good choice for objective control. Chameleon Skinks are also a good choice early on, because your opponent may forget about the and leave an objective unguarded, giving that unit it's opening to pounce on it. The rest of your summoning fodder can be useful, again depending on the situation, though as I said the Starseer is not and I would rank the Priest, Troglodon, and DS low as well.

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Batch
    Cold One

Batch Active Member

Ja agreed on the DS, a shame but thats the way it is. So I think I'll cut two of the Razordons to add the Priest in and finally I had no idea about the Bloat toad if it wasnt in the initial list so thats very good to know thankyou.

Considering some of the players at my LGS I think T1 I might just summon some Chameleon skinks for early objective capturing, depending on the battleplan that could be a game changer.

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Skinks, Terradons, and maybe Chameleon skinks turn one if the battle plan fits it and you roll high enough with your Astrolith.