1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS thoughts on my current 1250k list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by tfihsnz, Jan 10, 2019.

1. tfihsnz
    Skink

tfihsnz New Member

Gidday everyone

Im going to be going to a casual tornament next month and I am going to be takeing some of my newly aquired models

however as i havnt had a chance to play a game with my slann yet i am unsure as to wether or not this is any good (I am a student with a small wallet so the models im using are kind of the models i have to work with)

Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Trait: Great Rememberer
    - Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices
    Engine of the Gods (220)
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
    Skink Starpriest (80)

Battleline
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Boltspitters & Moonstone Clubs
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)

Units
    5 x Chameleon Skinks (120)

Behemoths
    Troglodon (160)

Total: 1240 / 1250
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 200
    Wounds: 84

the other models I own that arnt included are 8xsarus knights (lances), 12xsaurus warriors (spears)

any thoughts on tactics / how to aproch building a list would be greatly apreciated

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria Online!

Your current list is a good core for a summoning focused army. However, you might have difficulty running it effectively without having many units to summon. I would consider turning one of your 10x Skink units into a group of 20, dropping the other 20 Skinks to keep in your sideboard, bringing a unit of 5 Saurus Knights to fill in battleline, and then adding the endless spell Balewind Vortex for your Slann. The Balewind Vortex is a $15.00 model, so hopefully it is more accessible to you.

These Changes would allow you some Skinks to summon, a faster unit to run forward for objectives in the Saurus Knights, and give your Slann some extra durability via the balewind.

Due to your currently limited sideboard, it might be worth going Vast Intellect on your Slann. This will enable you to cast Curse of Fate on your EotGs to better manipulate the outcome. After you have summoned on 20 Skinks you will be able to encounter affects from 6-9 or 18+ more reliably. You already have a unit of Chameleon Skinks so you shouldn't be too reliant on Great Remember to keep up with objectives.

I hope this was helpful. If you have an event packet I would be happy to help you work out strategies for each of the battleplans you will be playing.

tfihsnz likes this.
  3. tfihsnz
    Skink

tfihsnz New Member

thanks for replying

when you say "After you have summoned on 20 Skinks you will be able to encounter affects from 6-9 or 18+ more reliably" are you meaning summoning through Eotg or through the slann? and by this are you meaning that once i dont have the skinks to summon i wont need to worry about useing the summon feature of the Eotg?

I wont be able to get a balewind vortex before the torny sadly.

I do have the packet the scenarios are:

round 1: three places of power in ghyran(life springs)
    round 2: boarder war in shyish(life leeching)
    round 3: star strike in hysh(Dazzling glow)
    round 4: focal points in ulgu(shrouded lands)
    round 5: total conquest in aqshy(every step a league)

LizardWizard likes this.