1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Thoughts on next purchases.

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by skipperyoss, Jun 22, 2016.

1. skipperyoss
    Cold One

skipperyoss Active Member

Currently I have a start collecting box, which I went with spears for the warriors, lances on the knight (except one I gave the pick to proxy him as a scar vet on cold one), the Carnosaur can be a scar vet or oldblood in most games. I also picked up a starpriest (can proxy as priest), and I also managed to snag Gor-Rok.

Currently the wife has said no to buying new models which is fine, and at our local store they generally don't play with summons but that might change with the new points system. So just wondering what should I go for next, I was thinking a Slann and more Warriors (to reach about 40).

Also, how should I run my current set up, I know it's not huge but it is something!

Bowser likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Slann for a warrior/Knights army is a good choice, before you buy your models have a look at the formations and see what you need to get them active, Firelance for the knights and Sunclaw for your warriors.

Firelance Starhost

• 1 Scar Veteran on Cold One or Carnosaur
    • 3 units of Saurus Knights
    • +3 to Charge rolls for any Knight unit within 10" of their Scar Veteran
    • Deal an extra mortal wound for any wound roll of 6+ on any celestite weapon used in the combat phase following a charge; this rule is cumulative with the lance rule
    Sunclaw Starhost

• 1 Saurus Sunblood
    • 3 units of Saurus Warriors
    • Warriors gain +1 attacks with Jaws
    • Celestite Clubs/Spears become Rend -1 and Damage 2 vs Chaos Daemons
    Ideally you want your core to be all the same and then add what you think you need, Knight army is fast and potent but small, warrior army slow but can be just as potent you just need better tactics, Seraphon need synergy between units to work best, have you got the Battletome?

Bowser likes this.
  3. skipperyoss
    Cold One

I do, I was going to stay away from the Sunclaw due to the whole 3 units instead of the mob of 30 Saurus Warriors for their Ordered Cohort bonus. I have not looked at the Firelance though.

Bowser likes this.
  4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

You have answered your own question, not many go for the Sunclaw, I prefer the Firelance but I mix it with the Eternal not ideal but I love how that plays.

Bowser likes this.
  5. skipperyoss
    Cold One

I know about the synergy with the TG and Eternity warden along with all the other goodies but I see a lot of people saying it's more defensive, I'm a very aggressive player so I was following the whole spear warriors with a sunblood.

I'm just unsure other than warriors on how to proceed. The knights were a lot of fun today, can they disengage from combat and recharge in? Or is that a skink only mechanic?

Bowser likes this.
  6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Yes that is the best tactics with the knights. Have two or so groups of them, charge with group 1. Next movement phase retreat group 1 and charge with grouo 2. Repeat until your opponent is sick of your fire lances.

7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

The sunclaw is pretty good, especially if you have 90 saurus for 3 units of 30. Makes for a rather large game though!

8. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

Best starter formation... starbeast constellation!?!?...

On a serious not though, the eternal in my opinion is the strongest for its purpose, and the shadow strike is the most versatile (though the hardest to use) You seem to be best geared towards the firelance, as you have two of the units of it, and one of them is already at full optimal size (knights). The sunclaw on the other hand will need a minimum of sixty saurus warriors for the minimum amount of troops in a unit to gain benefits for all your units (three squads of 20). Also the firelance can deal far more damage and is easier to get the hang and is more mobile than its counterpart, the sunclaw.

Yes, as they can perform a retreat move allowing them to move the full distance of their units move characteristic , under the condition that they arre not within three inches of any enemy models, and they cannot shoot or charge.

Bowser likes this.
  9. skipperyoss
    Cold One

So yeah didnt know about the retreat move option, Saurus Knights are definitely my next pick up, that'll give me 3 units + the scar vet on a cold one. It'll be like playing total war warhammer all over again

10. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Don't talk about that game, I'm so frustrated with it!

Bowser likes this.
  11. skipperyoss
    Cold One

The only frustrating thing with it is starting as Azhag. Ughhhh

12. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

It doesn't matter what kind of formation you'll use. A Slann is always powerful, so get one asap (and even if you don't have so much models, you can always summon back the ones that were slain)

13. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

So im not the only lustrian who plays it... Shame no lizzies... Yet...

14. skipperyoss
    Cold One

Apparently the devs are big lizardmen fans so I'm expecting them soon.

dwarfepic, Camazotz and Bowser like this.