1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts & Tips on: Old Models and Hobby Living

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Acehaphon of Roses, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Acehaphon of Roses
    Skink

Acehaphon of Roses New Member

Hello! Im more of a skirmish player (kill teams, frostgraves, xwings etc etc) I was htinking of starting an actual army but I started the hoby half a year ago and already spent a lot of money. So now that I was finishing my allocated budget for the hobby untill I finish painting the minis I have and play enough of these games. I got a deal on about 20 old models of unpainted skinks (mostly) and sauros. like 8-10 euros and a player of my local kill team group wanting to play Bloodbowl (I started to to play BB on the PC and was one of my first ideas to start mini playing but nobody played in this area). This are the minis. https://www.olx.pt/anuncio/warhammer-fantasy-lizardmen-troops-IDz5y9n.html#8e9448b9c9
    Are this minis the right scale as the current ones? The saurus warriors seem way smaller then the current ones. They seem more close to the current skinks. (altough it may be the sculpt) Are they easy to convert? Ive seen some conversions and adding miliput/green stuff to make helmets and stuff but they seem fine, as is already also I like the idea of salvaging this minis to play and paint instead of just collecting dust.

Now about the hobby please tell me if you have any advice for slowing down or time menagement tips or something?
    I continue pumped to do the hobby but already have a lot of things to paint and hardly time to play it.
    However I still have ideias and projects to put work on, down the line.
    But sometimes I also dontk now if I should get everything I can now and have it or do it slower and buy and work first and then get more when Im done.
    Already dont want a huge army because of that. The idea of having all look the same or bland or painstakinngly painting 100++ minis for 1! game, is waaay to much.
    I saw some of Uncle Atoms videos on the subject and was thinking if people here had anything to share about it (since I find the majority of people here to have a bigger apreciation for the hobby has a whole then, say....reddit or something)

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

they are smaller but as long as you put them on 32mm basses you should be fine this game is base to base now.
    i use this page for hobby management http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/lets-get-motivated-january-2020.24037/#post-307638 crows foot posts one every month i put what i wan't to accomplish down and paint/build that no more no less. i take it one month at a time and don't buy more then what i can accomplish in 2 months. this is a life time hobby you don't need to rush if you enjoy painting take your time and have fun, if like me you enjoy playing more then give yourself a schedul that will make shur you get threw your back log and then stick to it.