1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Thunderbeast Host

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by still-young, Dec 22, 2015.

1. still-young
    Skink

still-young New Member

The Thunderbeast Host set is a pretty good deal money wise, particularly with a discount, but is it actually a decent way to start a force? Are monster heavy forces a viable thing in AoS? Considering picking one up.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Absolutely a viable force. They can fill almost any role you're in need of! A lot of versatility from our monsters. You will need to figure out your strategies and how to break up the opponents synergies though. That and you can build your smaller troops around them.

3. still-young
    Skink

still-young New Member

That's good to hear. I almost wish it came with a Bastilodon instead of one of the Stegadons (just for model variety). I do already have a Troglodon too so I don't know whether it would be better to get a Steg, Bastilodon and box of Terradons instead of the box... Although I like the Carnosaur model a lot so I'm not exactly bothered about having another one...

Bowser likes this.
  4. still-young
    Skink

still-young New Member

And I have just seen this: [​IMG] so depending on the savings on that it might be worth buying the Steg, Terradons, a Bastilodon and the Seraphon box there separately... I'll have to work the pricing out.

5. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

They really can fulfill a multitude of roles, so they're a great purchase for any Seraphon army. For example, mine is primarily used in a very supportive role rather than an offensive one.

6. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Holy. Shit. HOLY. SHIT.

"Start Collecting!"? COLLECT RIGHT F*CKING NOW!!!! Carnosaur alone costs 50 Gbp, this bundle gifts you an Saurus Warrior and Saurus Knight pack, which togheter will normally cost 43 additional Gbp. Now this is a sick offer. I'm still wanting to get that sweet Thunderbeast host but hell, this is almost 50% disccount from Games Workshop. Does this means that THIS is the True End of Times?

BTW, there is also a bundle with the Battletome, a Starpriest and Skinks, sadly, without any discount.

Wanna check more from AoS? here, I'm seriously considering a Greenskin set too.
    http://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW...ing=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat440002a-flat

Freddy25 likes this.
  7. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

actually the start now thing hosts only 60% saurus warrior from the normal pack (12 instead of 20).. but still a good deal ofcourse :)

8. still-young
    Skink

still-young New Member

Yeah I'm gonna get one of the 'Start Collecting: Seraphon' boxes and get some of the other stuff a bit later. Great deal, 12 saurus and 8 cold one cav for free.

9. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just looked at that, I was supposing that the actual offer was 48% rounded saving, instead its 40% with 12 Warriors, yet, technically they're are giving us 20 Saurus and 8 Colds .

Meawhile, I could get that Tau starting set too, 3 Crisis Suit for 45 Gbp, and I get 10 warriors, a turret,

No matter what, this offer its crazy, the Carnosaur alone its 50 Gbp, they are gifting you 12 Warriors and 8 Cold Ones.

Again. ITS CRAZY, due the fact that these are actual saving from GW!!

This will be enough for a while while I wait to get that sweet, sweet Starbeast Constellation.

I have been waiting since almost a year and the Old Ones have just reward this precious virtue.

Hopefully we will get more saving from more special offers, I want my Terradons so bad.