1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Thunderquake and Shadowstrike

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Robertxtrem, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Robertxtrem
    Cold One

Robertxtrem Active Member

Had a go at mixing these two battalions together and I'm unsure on it. I feel I don't have enough skinks.

Heros
    Slann (general, great remember, incandesent)
    Skink Starpriest (prism)
    Engine of the gods (shield)

Battleline
    Skinks x20
    Skinks x10
    Skinks x10

Units
    Bastiladon (Solar)
    Bastiladon (Snakes)
    Kroxigor x3
    Ripperdactyls x3

Thunderquake
    Shadowstrike

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

The problem will be that you are going to be very low on wounds.
    I still like that list and have played a simular one before GHB2017 dropped. It was fun.

3. Robertxtrem
    Cold One

Robertxtrem Active Member

I deciding between this one or swapped the rippers, starpriest and shadowstrike for a starseer and 30 more skinks.

4. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

Yes, I think you have too few skinks, I play this list:

Heroes
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Command Trait : Vast Intellect - Artefact : Light of Dracothion

Engine of the Gods (220)
    - Artefact : Prism of Amyntok

Skink Starpriest (80)
    - Artefact : Incandescent Rectrices

Units
    40 x Skinks (200)
    -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)
    3 x Skink Handlers (40)
    2 x Salamanders (80)
    3 x Ripperdactyl Riders (140)

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (280)
    Stegadon (240)

Battalions
    Shadowstrike Starhost (170)
    Thunderquake Starhost (170)

I haven't lost a game yet with it.

5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

That's the same list I came up with. I'd call it decent although it only has three Rippers. The Thunderquake makes up for that.

scubrat likes this.
  6. scubrat
    Temple Guard

Tricky to find space for them without reducing the number of skinks, not a good shout because you need them for objectives and their shooting is great in the shadowstrike, otherwise it's the slann and well, that would be silly!

Aginor likes this.
  7. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Seems like a really nice list but in my meta there are too many overly dangerous things - like a group of 6 scythed Kurnoth Hunters. What is the plan of your list against such kind of armies @scubrat ?

scubrat likes this.
  8. scubrat
    Temple Guard

Let's use the kurnoths as an example. Begin by keeping everything quite close, this is a pretty defensive list. Slann can cast arcane bolt, and more than likely I can use the EoTG to do a 25" range d6 mortal wounds ability.

In the shooting phase I'd have my skinks pepper the hunters if possible with a reroll to 1s from the shadowstrike, which will likely kill at least one of them. And then use any other shooting available, likely I can shoot with my stegadon skystreak which will do 1-3 wounds. Solar beam will be hitting them up, who knows how much that will do! At this stage, you've probably now killed maybe two or three kurnoths.

Then if you can get the bastiladon into combat with them whilst he's feeling savage, that's a pretty good call, with a teleport or the stegadon's alpha ability it's not too hard, it's likely he'll survive against all four and might do, especially if you give him a mystic shield or light of the heavens, it's the trample underfoot ability that will hurt the most. But hey, probably only going to do two wounds.

I might get my ripperdactyls invovled depending on the situation and then you're almost certain to destroy them.

It's heavy handed, but it's probably going to help a bit in the long run as you've taken out a quarter of their army. With this list, I've always targeted the units that I know do the most damage throughout a game and in most cases, you can kill that or weaken it greatly in your first turn.

9. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

If it worked I would totally be satisfied, however he can reroll ALL failed save rolls and they have 5 wounds each so you can imagine how diffucult it's to make a 4+ rerollable save falter ! And when they hit back, they hit with -2. So far I literally just try to slow them down while running around playing my game. The times they caught me.. oh well, back to the stars ! :p

scubrat likes this.
  10. scubrat
    Temple Guard

Ah, those damn rerollables. Well, yeah, then it makes things a bit trickier. Is there are unit/BSB that is giving them that buff or is that just an allegiance ability or something that stays the whole game? Because you could try and focus killing whatever is giving them that buff with the rippers.