1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Thunderquake or Heavenswatch?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Jason839, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

im looking to play a monster heavy battalion and both bring good things to a monster mash style list. I can't decide which one I like better.

Which do you play and why?

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I tend to go for Thunderquake because the ability to change buffs is pretty great. And the healing is better when you bring a slann. Heavenswatch is great if you plan on bringing a starseer as your main wizard.

3. MerciaBear
    Cold One

MerciaBear Active Member

Is Heavenswatch in the battle tome?

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

No, it's from the grand alliance Order battltome.

MerciaBear likes this.
  5. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

What about the opinion I' ve read to one of our threads that Thunderquake doesn't worth it because none of the buffs really is useful as monsters like bastiladon aint that strong close combat etc? Could you share your personal experience with us and maybe some insight of how you use it ?

6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I think that opinion is countered by the amount of lists that would use a Thunderquake with a jade battlemage. The bastiladon will probably not kill a lot of units, but it eill definitely hold its ground. Combined with the healing, and a jade battlemage this makes them stupidly hard to kill. Now you have board control because an opponent who knows bastiladons will avoid picking a gight with them because they know it is a waste of their points, or they will send their best unit at it in hopes that the dice are rolling their way. You may choose swift for the first few turns so that shooting is improved. Throw in a starpriest and most of your shooting from the Steg or Bastiladon becomes 2+ or 3+ rerollable to hit. Later when combat strikes up you may go savage and reroll saves. If I was playing a hold the objective I would probably put double bastiladons and sit, one with a slann and engine, and the other with a jade battlemage and a skink starpriest. The choice of salamanders, razordons, or kroxigor is up to you, when I was playing skaven I would take krox, just for the moon hammers. When I was playing stormcast I took the salamanders, an when I was playing dwarfs or Fyre slayers I would bring the razors. The dwarfs are a slow army, so I can force the charge, especially if I am holding an objective with a bastiladon. Stormcast has some great deep strikers, so I use the salamanders as a deterent. Skaven or undead are cheap and come in numbers, so I like to take out as many as possible with kroxigor holding them up for a turn or two. Choosing to go swift or savage will change how he plays as well. If he knows I am rerolling saves he will probably not waste time on a shoelded in cover bastiladon. In short Thunderquake gives good board control.

InfamousBeany and MerciaBear like this.
  7. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Really useful advices to keep in mind, thank you very much @Bowser !

Bowser likes this.
  8. MerciaBear
    Cold One

MerciaBear Active Member

Bowser great advice as usual!

Bowser likes this.