1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time for a new Scum and Villainy!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by strewart, May 5, 2010.

1. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I think it is about time for another game of Scum and Villainy, don't you? I have been thinking about the game a lot and have tried to include a few more sneaky plot twists and such, so it will get a little bit experimental. Hopefully it ends up being an extremely nerve-wracking and challenging experience rather than a complete failure. ;) Also I have more ideas for special rules than I can possibly fit into one game, so after this one I am hoping to launch straight into a new one!

Since it has been a while since a game has ran, and hopefully some new people will join, here are the original basic rules again: (if you know them, or have played Mafia on other forums, skip the quoted bit!)

Now for some differences. Assassins will not PM me their targets; I have a new marking scheme which will hopefully work well.

In addition to assassins, there is a Knight Marshall. No one knows who this person is except them, which of course means anyone can try to pretend to be them. The Knight Marshall chooses a suspect in a way I will reveal to them every 'day time'. I will then PM them and tell them whether that person is an assassin or not! It is then their job to convince the others to vote for the assassins without revealing to the assassins who they are or they are sure to get killed.
    ABSOLUTELY NO POSTING SCREENSHOTS OF PM LOGS OR EVEN QUOTES FROM PM's OR YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY EXECUTED

There will also be a witch doctor. Every day this person can choose (again in secret) to heal any player they want including themselves. The person they choose is immune to assassinations that night, and immune to being killed by voting during the next day. The castle is somewhat opposed to voodoo magic, so if this person chooses to reveal themselves they will lose their power. When the votes for a day are finalised, the protected person for the day before will be revealed by me.

In the case of multiple assassins, they will not be told the identity of other assassins. For this game, the assassins will work in different ways. One will be a traditional assassin, the other will be disease. Disease can either kill someone during the night, or make someone contagious which will cause another close to them to die during the day. If an assassin targets the same person as disease, the assassin will also catch the disease and die.
    If there are enough people, the third assassin will kidnap people instead of killing them. A Knight successfully detecting a kidnapper releases the victim. If they are held for 3 nights, they die. If the kidnapper is executed first, they escape. Disease may kill a kidnap victim, or the kidnapper with contagious (potentially the knight if he is saving at the same time) but that would most likely only help the innocents.

Also, each night the traditional assassin will get 'spotted' by someone. As a result, he must choose one player in the game who will for the next day count their vote as 2 votes since their voice (in game terms) will be stronger. This person will not be revealed to anyone (even the two vote person) until after votes are finalised.

There may also be additional roles which will involve people switching sides during the game. I will keep that secret for more intrigue though.

This thread will act as the game thread, and the game starts as of now. It is day 1, simply post in here and you are in the game automatically. Day 1 will last exactly 6 days from the time of this post, during which time I will PM roles to people and explain in more detail how they carry out their role.

The setting is a region of the Empire under strife. The capital castle of the region has sent word out to all knights, barons, dukes, lords etc. to come to the castle immediately for an urgent meeting regarding an undead sighting nearby! Food and drink will be provided, as well as bedding if the meeting lasts longer than a day. Please come to help the safety of the region!

So come on, enter the castle, announce your name and title, get word to everyone else you know who may have an input, lets get rolling!

One final rule, 'day 1' gets 6 real world days to give people a chance to sign up. Every day after that will last a maximum of 4 days. So even if you don't visit the forum every day you can still play. Anyone who has not posted at all in a given game day (4 real world days, plenty of time) will be removed from the castle for not contributing. If you know you are going to be away, you can post and you will be fine. I just don't want a bunch of people signed up but never posting.

2. Aranigej
    Temple Guard

Aranigej Member

My liege,

Lord Aranigej has heard your call, and is ready to lend his hand in the cleansing of the vile horde of living-dead amassing beyond our borders.

Let's get rid of the scum!

Now... where's the booze you promised!

3. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Greetings, brothers! I am Hellbreaker, a proud warrior of Sigmar.

The undead taint in these lands must be cleansed!
    For glory! But first, refreshments!

4. lizardninja
    Temple Guard

lizardninja New Member

I'll join Lord Lizardninja :)

5. strewart
    OldBlood

Ah good to see people arriving early. But so few so far this morning! I am sure many lords and ladies have far to travel though.

The castle welcomes you to the main hall, where the meeting will take place. You will find light refreshments, we shall hold the ale until lunchtime though!

6. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Greetings all,

I proudly carry the title of a Baron and my name is known as The Hunted.
    I came from far, but I have arrived.

Let the hunt begin! For ale, that is!

The Hunted

7. Benjiac
    Skink

Benjiac New Member

Zombies! On my land! Not on my watch!

Knight, Sir Benjiac at your service.

8. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Lord Craken at your services.

Ready to die for the protection for the innocent, and crush all tainted and vile creatures beneath the weight of my maul.

Nay, I care care not for rewards, cleansing the world of any evil I find is reward enough.

Nay, I need not ale or spirits, my wits must remain sharp at all times.

9. strewart
    OldBlood

Ay 6 people at court with the sun lowering in the afternoon. It does not look like there are enough answering the call to hold council. I will send out my fast riders with messages again and scouts to see if more people are on the way but held up.

OOC: Not enough players yet. I'm going to have to give it another day or two and see if we can't get at least a couple more. Shame.. I will try running it with just 5, but it will be a lot more restricted than what I had originally planned.

Signed up so far:
    Aranigej
    hellbreaker
    lizardninja
    The Hunted
    Benjiac
    Craken

Edit: By fast messenger, I just PMed a bunch of people that played the last game, hopefully at least a couple will join. I was hoping for a few new people as well. Do you think the big wall of text in the first post is offputting? I would definitely like to shorten it for future games but not really sure how.

10. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

Too few players? Can't let that happen. I'm in. ;)

11. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

If only i had known sooner.

Archduke KroxigorsFTW rady to crush the taint of undead.

I'm in, anything that'll take up my time that isn't homework XD

12. strewart
    OldBlood

Night rapidly begins to set in and the lord of the keep received words from scouts that there are strange wolves about, and several of the messengers haven't reported in. It is decided that the meeting will be adjourned until tomorrow, so for tonight a feast will begin with the drink flowing freely! Extra guards have been posted around the keep and the main gates partially shut. Since more lords may arrive we wil not lock them out and leave them to the perils of the night yet.

OOC: Keep talking in character, great to see a few more people! I have assigned a couple of roles via PM already, and more will go out tomorrow. Hopefully we will see one or two more people over the next 12-18 hours or so, then I will get the game started within the next day.

13. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Pfwah!

Meeting postponed, because of what? A pack of wolves...
    What on earth can 1 pack of wolves do? Heck, even 2 or 3!

Pfwah!

I'll keep this meeting close to my ale then,

Cheers!

*goes away mumbling about the wolves*

Pfwah! 1 Pack!?!

Baron
    The Hunted

14. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

Quit yer ramblin' and eat!

Now, bring me ale, and more ale! And some meat.

15. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Lord Craken simply nods at the news, he makes his way away from the party and up to the wall. Watching the outside world as a guard would. Patiently waiting for whatever was to come.

16. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

- May sigmar protect the remaining messengers and bring more lords and generals to our meeting. Hellbreaker says as he takes seat along the table but before sitting down he picks up a large tome and begins reading from it, somewhat incomprehensibly.
    Placing the tome down on the table he knocks over his cup of wine.
    - How fortunate that it was my own cup! I wasn't going to drink it anyway. he remarks and helps himself getting some food.

17. crimsontide
    Skink

crimsontide New Member

Alas! Sorry I am late ladies and gentlemen! I was attacked by those angry wolves out yonder! Not to mention those vile beasts that have come back from the dead! Through day and night I was being tracked. This was the fastest I could get here under those conditions and in such short notice. I hope I am not to late to enjoy this feast! To grog and merriment! Cin cin!

It's nice to see some old faces among this crowd.

Edit: Added the word "nice." Forgot it.

18. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

Are you calling me old?!!

Outrageous! I may sport a long white beard and crow's feet and a wrinkly forehead and talk like it's still the age of the Old Ones, but that doesn't make me old!

The nerve of these youngsters! Back in my day, we didn't have grog! You went down to the waterin' hole and that was it!

Also, what kinda reason do you make for postponin' a scheduled meetin' fer some stragglers? If they is slow, then why do we even want 'em here?!!

19. strewart
    OldBlood

Calm yourselves! Grave tidings, friends. It seems the mangled corpes of the messengers have been found, it seems the wolf sighting was no ordinary pack of wolves, but man-wolves as was feared. An outlying farm has also been attacked, ghostly howls have been heard in the mountains nearby. We are forced to close the main gates, any lords still coming will have to stay in the inn outside the keep until morning.

Signed up so far:
    Aranigej
    hellbreaker
    lizardninja
    The Hunted
    Benjiac
    Craken
    Eternity_Warden
    KroxigorsFTW
    crimsontide

Still time for more people to sign up, most roles have been filled but I am reserving a couple just in case. It is now the first night, but you may keep talking for this night.

20. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

*Hearing the news Lord Craken moved to the rest of the group, normally he would be reserved. Yet he was upset and needing to vent*

Why have we not ridden out yet? We should be dispatching those beasts as they appear.

*he looked at the group, reserving judgment on the Lords before him*