1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS To Moonhammer or not to Moonhammer

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Nart, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

I found some nice alternative Kroxigors, but they lack distinct weapons, which means, that I either have to convert moonhammers manually or go without them.

This makes me thing if they are really worth it. Moonhammers are, of course, great vs hordes, but straight up worse against units with 3 or less models and equal to maul against 4. This is even worse in TQTH.

So what do you thing? Are MH still worth it or Maul is better in 2.0?

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Well, moonhammer works only against hordes, the maul works always.
    Moonhammer "forces" you to hunt for hordes and that could be feasible or not. At least, if no horde is present, you know the MH will be the first to die.
    I would always insert a MH in a 6-kroxi unit. In a 3-kroxi unit, i don't know… but probably i would never field a minimum sized unit

IggyStarhost, LizardWizard and Nart like this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I like the hammer and my regular opponent's armies are usually hordes, so I include it. If I play Kroxigors at all that is.

IggyStarhost and LizardWizard like this.
  4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

as long as your not hunting heros with them the moon hammers is often better you just need to hit a unit that has 5 or more guys and thats almost every one

Canas and LizardWizard like this.
  5. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I honestly think the only armies that will give our best list any run for their money are other top armies. DoK, Mortek Spam OBR PE, Fyreslayers, DoT, Hallow Hart, Living City, ect. All of these armies have units with 25-32mm bases that have 10 or more models in them (and a number with 30+). Under those circumstances I like the Moonhammer.

Aginor, Canas, Grotpunter and 2 others like this.