1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Topics for FAQs

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Nart, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

I agree. However, to be technical, Knights use Warspears where Warriors use just Spears. Still a bit irrelevant as the Warspears on the Oldblood on foot & Scar-Vet on Carno are both 2" range. But our Knights have always been 1" :(

Womboski and Carnikang like this.
  2. Boshea
    Saurus

Boshea Active Member

8. Can oldblood on Carnosaur be used instead of Oldblood in Sunclaw Starhost?
    It can't because because it lists the model Saurus Oldblood, and not the keyword OLDBLOOD like the firelance does for SCAR-VETERAN

Fully expect this to get a FAQ entry though since I'm pretty sure every army (40k or AoS) seems to have an entry similar to this

Carnikang likes this.
  3. crazyhorse1321
    Skink

crazyhorse1321 Member

I don't think this will get FAQed. The old battalion was just a foot hero and I don't think they're gonna change it.

4. Boshea
    Saurus

Boshea Active Member

I said FAQ'd not errata'd. Old battalion was also only the Sunblood so there was no real confusion. It'll just get a FAQ entry saying "no you can't use the Old-blood Carno in the battalion"

Cuetzpal Pilli and Carnikang like this.
  5. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

One thing I suspect will be FAQed, I’m guessing that abilities that deal mortal wounds will also be incorporated into scaly skin. There are a fair degree of things that can get around scaly skin

Canas and Carnikang like this.
  6. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Note, that I'm including questions, that have direct RAW answers too. But if people keep asking, let GW clarify it - it did many times before.

Carnikang and Lizerd like this.
  7. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

The question arises from the core rules specifying to ignore subtext when filling battalions. Technically "on a carnosaur" is subtext with the way the scroll is written.

Lizerd likes this.
  8. Batch
    Cold One

Batch Active Member

CCPs, its saying its triggered before the first spell, what says you cant sacrifice more then one spell for more CPP with a Slann, for example.

This needs to be clarified, it's honestly the one thing that will make summoning either viable or just about dead.

Lizerd likes this.
  9. Duo Sonata
    Skink

Duo Sonata Active Member

At the same time nothing says you can so it could go both ways however if they do establish that you can then i wonder how many folks go about games with a 2k list of 5 slanns and a kroak dishing out 19-57 conjuration pts a turn where as before the best you do was 21pts after some prep. Not sure many opponents would be thrilled to face such a list. That on average allows us to summon nearly anything on the summon chart at least once 1st turn with the potential to even summon a dread saurian every turn. Somehow i don't think that's what they intended with the rule with how it's worded but who knows until/if they decide to clarify it.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  10. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

as has been said it would be a verry fragile list you would have auto losses against IJ, cities, KO, IDK and tzeench. almost any alpha strike army

Carnikang likes this.
  11. Batch
    Cold One

Batch Active Member

Oh yeah absolutely, A Dread Saurian a turn doesnt seem the intention at all, but unless you invest heavily with the other method then you wont see a Dread Saurian at all. Itd be better to just put a note saying it cant be summoned instead of a price that is almost impossible

Canas, Carnikang and Erta Wanderer like this.
  12. Shocksem
    Saurus

Shocksem Active Member

I would like a FAQ clarification as to why the Oracle Rod has a rend of -1 but the claws and jaws of the Troglodon have no rend. Maybe a designers note. Its like they made it bad on purpose.

Carnikang, Womboski and Erta Wanderer like this.
  13. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

well lore wise the staff is smacking people with pieces of stars so a bit of rend is warranted but ya the trog needs rend

Womboski likes this.
  14. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Do you think GW kept it without rend to help differentiate it from the Carnosaur? It's like a "dinosaur wizard". More than the rend, I think it might be a little expensive point-wise. But, it is a fairly versatile model.

Womboski and Erta Wanderer like this.
  15. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

it is way to expecive for what it does drop that sucker ddown to 180

PabloTho and Just A Skink like this.
  16. Shocksem
    Saurus

Shocksem Active Member

He costs the same as a Slann, he is a mediocre wizard on a mediocre monster.

PabloTho and Erta Wanderer like this.
  17. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

well with a nat +1 to cast he is a good (if very expencive) wizard on a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad monster. seriously he is the worst monster in the game what the heck GW

Just A Skink likes this.
  18. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

That feels a little low, but I'm definitely NO expert with points. It does have 12 wounds, decent movement, adequate ranged/melee combat, regeneration, can dispel anywhere on the board, be a casting vassal anywhere on the board, and cast one spell. Maybe around 200-ish?

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  19. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

he is a single cast wizard those normaly go for 80-100 skaven double casters are 120. when he was just a bad monster he only cost 140 and that was still way to much. he didn't get better stat wise so it's just the casting and abilities. the question is is he worth 2 starpriests or 1 slann and the short answer is no. so how cheep does he have to be before i take hime over the others and the answer is 10 points cheeper then a star priest and a normal priest

Carnikang and Just A Skink like this.
  20. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

@Erta Wanderer that's fair. Like I said, I don't think I evaluate the units with the same insight as most of you.

Speaking of the Troglodon, though, I wouldn't mind a FAQ on Drawn to the Screams. Is it intended to work like the original ability, allowing the Trog to charge the unit at which it spit, or is it actually intended to be just a charge assist with the same fluff description? Obviously, as I read it, the Trog can spit at one unit and charge (with a re-roll) any other unit in range, even if it moves away from the "screams".