1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Total War: Warhammer 2 Lizardmen!

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Dinobot, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Dinobot
    Skink

Dinobot Member

We're finally coming baby! Get off of our lawn!

2. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

I was just about to post this. Too slow apparently. :D
    I expect release to be about 1 year after the original release. Can't remember exact month though :p

Xlanax_lot and Bowser like this.
  3. details
    Cold One

details Well-Known Member

I'm crying

Lizardmen!!, Lord-Marcus and Bowser like this.
  4. Kor-Lot-Ko
    Skink

Kor-Lot-Ko Member

I have so much hype for this game. The First Shall Rise!

Lord-Marcus, Xlanax_lot and Bowser like this.
  5. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this. I will probably buy it as soon as it comes up for pre-order. I bought the first one and am still enjoying it. I cannot wait for the combined games update, so I can finally grind all of the world under my boot heel, not just the old world.

Xlanax_lot and Bowser like this.
  6. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

What are the thoughts on the first game? Would it be worth to pick up along with this one?

Lord-Marcus and Bowser like this.
  7. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

First Question: Have you any familiarity with the Total War (TW) Series?

If no, first let me explain a bit about them :p If yes skip the first bit...

The Total War series is a turn based strategy game with Real Time strategy in-game mechanic as well.
    The way this is done, is by having an open world, where ones does all the moving about with armies and city planning, as well as diplomatic relationships and Etc. Further more any battle can be chosen to be played on the battle map, which is a real time style of game play, where you can move about your forces and command them, it allows for pausing the game and speeding up, should such be necessary. In the open world map, there are cities and town, all with multiple adjacent cities or towns that are considered a province (A concept which where introduced in Rome II), owning a province gives certain additional features, so in general those are neat to own.
    The general idea of the games is to conquer territory, fulfilling objectives and building the cities up to an impressive standards. As such much of the game is in principle done in the turn based over world, you can even play an entire play-through, without ever actually doing any RT fighting.
    The Game take many hours, especially if one desires to go for the Grand Victory condition, which of course means that it does become a longer session game.
    It's in general a great strategy-game series and I recommend pretty much all of them. There is a lot of depth and great measures for strategizing over, Ex. which buildings will give the best results for the over world, and the tactical option for the RT parts is always very engaging.

NOW for the Warhammer 1, bit:

So far I feel like this is probably the game with the most endurance of the series. Every faction plays uniquely, even among similar(ish) races, such as Britonia and Empire, whom both have very different core mechanic attach to their campaign. The battles are fun and just as engaging as any other game, if not more, with all those cool creatures joining the fight :D most of the spells seems to be useful too, they do not overwrite good tactics and you can win, even without fielding a mage, despite fighting an opponent with several (Take that for good or bad if you will).
    It's really a descend polished game, even one of the more new comer friendly. Which Attila (the one prior to Warhammer) was certainly NOT :p

SO yeah, great game series and Warhammer is even one of the better of them :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  8. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

If you like the style of game, then yes, pick up the first one. Pick up both, just so you can combine them. Actually, playing through the first one will provide good training for the second one when it comes out. I bought the first on pre-order, but I've been playing and enjoying turn-based fantasy strategy games for almost 25 years. Total War: Warhammer is the first game that has come anywhere close to knocking Master of Magic off of the top of my list of best turn-based fantasy strategy games ever made.

9. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

So it seems like now is a good time to get into Total War. Im heavily considering buying the first, to try it out

Lord-Marcus and Bowser like this.
  10. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

There's often a sale on steam, where you can get -25%. So if interested, look out for those, you can also often get some of the DLC's for a discount. I don't know if you like Woodies or Beasties, but the Britonians are Free and there quite fun, so you don't really need to but those DLC to begin with :)

ASSASSIN_NR_1 likes this.
  11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

So when the entire trilogy is released, and a some time passes by, do you think they will release a complete edition with the entirety of the game + dlcs included?

Captaniser likes this.
  12. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

They did that with all their previous titles, so i assume they will.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That's good the hear! Maybe by then I'll have a computer with the capability to run the game!! :)

14. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Is this a accurate reprensetation of your PC?

[​IMG]

15. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Good run down

It's extremely worth it. Including the dlc. I'm 296 hours into TWW 1 and the only other game I've played more was a heavily modded Rome 2. You get your money's worth in play time, especially with mods.

Most likely .

ASSASSIN_NR_1 and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Hahaha... not sure if mine is that advanced!

I have a decent laptop, with an adequate CPU and RAM to run the game, but my GPU is lacking.

17. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

As it usually is in laptops. You can build a budget pc to run the game for $300-500

Captaniser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  18. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Typical laptop.

Yeah it ain't that expensive to build a decent PC these days, see if you can't find a trustworthy elektronik retailer, it should get it a fair bit cheaper.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

My laptop still has some life left in it. I'll probably wait until the final/full edition of the game is released. By then I'll be able to get an even better PC and save some big :greedy::greedy: off the game.

As it stands now, buying a $300-500 gaming PC plus the cost of the games plus the cost of the dlcs is a bit too much of an investment for a game that I don't even know if I will enjoy (it looks awesome, but I've never played a total war game before). I'm pretty much a console (PS4) gamer myself. If it was ever released on console I would get it for sure... I wonder if the PS4 pro would be up for the task?

Captaniser likes this.
  20. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Newegg

n810 and Captaniser like this.