1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Total War: Warhammer

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Gator, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Gator
    Saurus

Gator Member

I've been following the developments of total war: warhammer since it was announced. I'm starting to think that the release and rights to make this game coincide with the age of sigmar release. We all recently witnessed that the game of warhammer fantasy has been changed forever and for many of us, this is not the game we fell in love with. Up until recently I've been fairly upset with the changes, although probably necessary, that GW made. However, the more we uncover about the PC game total war: warhammer it's starting to seem that GW might allow the setting we all know and love live on.

I always thought that warhammer fantasy would make an unbelievable real time strategy game similar early Warcraft games, Starcraft games, or other total war games. Previously I figured that this would be a bad move for GW because many players of the game may find this other game medium more tempting and it would affect sales of GW models. Now, GW has all but given up on this setting. Armies have changed, and it's been confirmed that the new models will not fit in with their old army counterparts.

Cue in Total war: warhammer. Recent interviews have shown that the makers of the game, Creative assembly, are warhammer fan boys. Their lead developer even worked for GW for many years, and it seems to me like the really want to recapture the tabletop game into a video game like we've never seen before. Their will be magic spells and lores to choose from, army customization, winds of magic, magic items for heroes and characters, special characters, and the lead developer even confirmed that they will try to put all 15 factions into the game over its trilogy. Does anyone else think that GW planning a game like this now purposely because they won't be supporting it in the fashion we all knew?

I know for many that love the game for the modelling aspect of this may not care for this, but I think if handled properly this could actually make warhammer bigger than ever. Here's to hoping that we will see our beloved Lizardmen involved in the game at some point. I posted some links of interviews with the developer below. First in game trailer is due out this Friday.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/3294...Warhammer+factions+will+feature+in+Total+War/

2. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

This post should be merged with the other Lizardmen and Total War thread.

3. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

It talks about Total War in the context of it's relationship with Age of Sigmar so it's a good fit here.

4. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

I appreciate that WHFB is getting some love. Customizing units/characters/armies was always a huge part for me. Looking forward to it!