1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Total Warhammer: Launch April 28th, Chaos as pre-order DLC

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Pinktaco, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

THIS. IS. AMAZING.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    NIGHTBRINGER and El Caimán like this.
  2. El Caimán
    Cold One

El Caimán Active Member

I'm very much looking forward to this game, being a total war fan. Shogun 2, rome...countless nights playing :)

I am concerned about the factions in game and how they will distribute them. The official site say THREE standalone games, which is nuts.

3. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

I wouldn't be surprised if they go with 2 new factions for each stand alone game. Like Deamons and Warriors of Chaos marching for war against The Empire in one. Skaven against Lizardmen in another and Dark Elf Against High Elf in another. From there they can add the rest as stand alone factions.

But that's just all speculation. I believe they want to bring as many armies to the game as possible. I'm just hoping that these stand alone games will actually add to the grand campaing and not be completely seperate - i.e. an elven campaign only with elves.

4. El Caimán
    Cold One

El Caimán Active Member

True, I agree. In that case then I hope that evenif our standalone games are different we can still be able to battle online! Which is what we really want :)

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

This game is a whole world of epic!

6. skink chief
    Kroxigor

skink chief Active Member

Is there some news on lizardmen in this game? I don't know if any of their games had lizardmen in them.. and somehow i feel like this game will not include them yet again...

Edit exept bloodbowl, but I do mean their games concerning wfb..

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I haven't heard anything about Lizardmen. Since Lizardmen are not among the most popular armies, the best we can hope for is some expansion inclusion down the road (though this is purely speculation on my part).

8. El Caimán
    Cold One

El Caimán Active Member

No info regarding other factions other than empire, vamps (really!? Vamps!?), orcs and dwarves

9. El Caimán
    Cold One

El Caimán Active Member

They should just put em all in...why on earth leave an army out?
    Standalone or expansion or dlc, put em all in and you'll have a lot of $$$

Talking to the makers ofcourse haha

10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

If there is good money to be had, then we are likely to see them. I suspect that the success of the main game may have a lot to do with what we may see expansion/dlc-wise.

11. El Caimán
    Cold One

El Caimán Active Member

Exactly!
    They gotta tweak the game in order to have warhamer-like game mechanics but it all comes down to the factions. If they only have half of em, they will alienate half of us fans: plus, even if i am a lizardmen and skaven fan i'f love to play with all the other factions once in a while....instead of getting loans from the bank to buy em all from gw lol

Trociu likes this.
  12. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

They stated that they'll release every army in the WHF, over time. Be it in the stand alone game or as dlc, I don't know.

El Caimán likes this.
  13. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

14. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

STOKED!

Looking so much forward to this!
    Best part is that the developers sounds like they are going to make each army completly unique in gameplay.
    Looking so much forward to seeing Lizardmen, Vampire counts ...and also how the daemons will come out!

15. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

Hmm, if they go the DLC route for each army, Ill wait with purchasing the game until the "full collection" version is out a year after the initial game. Purchasing each army as a DLC would cost too much...

Scalenex likes this.
  16. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I am reluctant to shell out any money for this.

I want them to stop supporting their mini game rules with a skeleton crew and I don't think them making lots of money on this game will encourage them to do that.

airjamy likes this.
  17. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

There are quite often steam sales and typically these include the Total War games. I'd just buy the DLC there. It's not guaranteed that we'll see a complete edition. With that said these army expansions are IMO rather expensive. I remember buying Attila the day after the release (not thinking about pre-order DLC) and I was rather surprised about the surprise for the Vikings..
    One good thing is that while a lot of the DLC factions in previous games are other armies with new special rules and a few new elite units we're guaranteed that armies in this game will be very unique.

Going by previous Total War games it's easy to imagine each faction to have multiple subfactions. This work especially well with WoC who have 4 different gods. It wouldn't be hard to make 4 different subfactions each with their own mark and a few unique elite units. O&G could be split into a very Goblin centric faction, an Orc centric army and a mixed bag.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vampire Counts don't really have any since they're likely based on Mannfred.

Also these subfactions will be an easy way for Sega to get even more money from DLC. Remember that Mods are not available for this game, so it's easy to lock away older units (Blazing knights and other stuff like that) in minor DLCs.

18. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

I have to be honest. I'm a Total War whore. I can't control myself when the time come. :woot:

19. El Caimán
    Cold One

El Caimán Active Member

Wait wait
    One faction = one dlc?

Madness.

20. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

That's the pre-order DLC (warriors of chaos). But I bet you it's split into a subfaction (likely the 4 chaos gods).