1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Tournament List 3k

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Maccamonger, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Maccamonger
    Jungle Swarm

Maccamonger New Member

Hey Guys,

My gaming group is hosting a 3000 pt tournament (None End times), so I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on list composition.

I normally take my Slann in a unit of between 30-40 Temple Guard, but fancied a change so was think about running an ethereal Slann. Thoughts?

Also what about a Cowboy? what builds do guys tend to use? I normally go for the Steg Helm and 4+ Ward amulet.

Cheers guys,

2. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

My experience with ethereal Slann is pretty limited.

Cowboys, I often take a Scar Vetearan with the Armor of Destiny and a Great Weapon.

Oldbloods I use more variety. I usually use the Talisman of Preservation for the Ward Save, take a Strength boosting magical weapon, something to give me one point of armor save (because he's already 2+ on a Cold One with no gear) and then throw in the Egg of Quango or Potion of Foolhardiness for some extra punch.

For a wide array of what people use, try the Cowboy for All Tactica

3. Maccamonger
    Jungle Swarm

Maccamonger New Member

Hey, thanks for the response.

I was going to put the egg of quango on a skink chief riding a Terradon. Thought that would be quite funny. A little skink bomber pilot. Thought he could back the old blood up with a flank charge.
    Do you think this is a good idea?

Also what about magic lore on the Slann? I love high magic, but don't have to points to make him loremaster due to the Higher state of con.

Craig