1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Transporting Minis

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by DeathBringer125, Sep 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

Hey I have some miniatures such as my EotG and Lord Kroak who I am especially careful with transporting but I want to know if there is an easy and cheap way to do it so they will be safe.

Warden likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Old biscuit tin and a magnet stuck under the models base.

3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Use a magnetic rack and/or battle foam. I recommend putting something ferrous under your models bases and the magnets in your transporter. This will keep your models from being pulled to each when on the table. Although it wont help if you opponent has magnets on his base. lol

Koriialstraz likes this.
  4. gmoney
    Saurus

gmoney Member

@Crowsfoot I'm imagining someone carrying one of these tins filled with hundreds of dollars worth of resin and plastic

[​IMG]

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. gmoney
    Saurus

gmoney Member

Getting back on topic, besides magnets, is there a way to make a transport case with household materials? Those carrying cases they sell cost an arm and a leg.

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

A cheap and effective way (at least for small armies) is just shoe boxes and bubble wrap.
    for troops as sauri and skinks i place them as a layer with bubbles below and above them. More precious minis (as Kroak) completely wrapped up. Single and fragile minis (as an EotG), got a dedicated box

7. Cerind
    Skink

Cerind Member

I use 2 variants of the above for my bulkier stuff or for fragile single minis :

- any rigid box (shoe box, big tupperware, biscuit tin ) with aquarium filtering medium - it's a synthetic wool that can be bought for cheap online, makes it easier to fill gaps with it than bubble wrap, but can be a bit annoying to remove some loose strands when you take our the minis. It's light and allows the ox to be tilted any way during transport, I use that on planes.

- any plastic box and blue tac /any other brand of similar adhesive paste/putty that is removable. Put it under the base, stick the model to the bottom of the box or on the lid and close. Better to transport this in a set position, as if it's not upright it may ease the model off its pasty support after a time.

A friend uses thin adhesive velcro strips under the bases and a velcro lining in a case.

8. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I use a shoe box, and basically fill it with paper tissues, keeping a few spaces between the models so I have tissues everywhere.
    Cheap, easy, and pretty safe.

9. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

Ty for all the help