1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Trog VS. Carnosaur?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Bookkee, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Bookkee
    Jungle Swarm

Bookkee New Member

In a 2000-2500 point game which is better? Trog or the Carno?
    My list so far is...

Slann- Standard of Discipline, Becalming Cogitation, Harmonic Convergence, Reservoir of Eldritch Energy, Wandering Deliberations, lore of Signatures, The Egg of Quango, Channeling Staff, Obsidian Amulet,

30x Saurus Warriors with full command, spears

11x Skinks with Javelin

11x SKinks with Javelin

4x Ripperdactyl Riders

20x Temple Guard withfull command, Champ- Sword of swift slaying

Now should I add a Carnosaur or Trog to this army? and an Old blood or Scar vet?

Thanks in advance!

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

In a head to head comparison the Carno easily outperforms the Troglodon. The Troglodon is probably the weakest choice we have in our army book and one of the least competitive selections in the entire game of Warhammer. The Carno is by far the better choice. That said, the Carno itself isn't the most competitive choice either, but it can be made to work (but look out for artillery!). Also be weary of the fact that at 2000 -2500 points game, a Carno lord + Slann combo is extremely expensive. Are you playing with End Times 50% Lords and heroes?

For the greatest competitive edge, the Scar-Vet cowboy (mounted on a cold one) is probably the best choice we have. The Old Blood cowboy is extremely good too; you can't really go wrong with either of them.

3. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

I'd go with the carno too. If you want to save some points, just put a scar vet on the carno instead of an oldblood. A shield and light armor, and you have a 2+ armor save.

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

The Troglodon is only decent if you build your army around him,
    the Carnie just has better combat stats, literally designed to eat other monsters.

5. Lizardmen!!
    Skink

Lizardmen!! New Member

Use the Carnosaur. The Troglodon cant do anything in combat.

6. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

Basically yeah. There were some people vehemently defending the Trog, but he really is just bad if you ask me,, good thing they buffed him in 9th.

Lizardmen!! likes this.
  7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I don't think I came across many of those people.