1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Trying to come up with a 1k list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by GloboRojo, Mar 29, 2018.

1. GloboRojo
    Jungle Swarm

GloboRojo New Member

Hey all,

Now that Adepticon is over I'm planning for next years Adepticon. I'm trying to come up with a 1k list that I'll be using for the team tournament. My teammate is going to be running the Stormcast Eternals, the ones with the birds/bird mount for a more fast attack type list.

I was wondering how this tentative list looks, I took the Slann Starmaster but he seems kind of pricey at the 1k point level.

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Command Trait : Vast Intellect
    - Artefact : Incandescent Rectrices
    Units
    40 x Skinks (200)
    -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Saurus Knights (200)
    -Lances
    Behemoths
    Bastiladon (280)
    -solar engine
    Total: 940 /1000
    Allies: 0 / 200
    Leaders: 1/4 Battlelines: 2 (2+) Behemoths: 1/2 Artillery: 0/2
    Wounds: 75

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Hmmm on first glance it looks like you are missing a few synergies.
    Knights without a hero to buff them are...mediocre.
    You are probably right that the Slann is a bit much for 1k. On the other hand... against magic armies the Slann is pretty great and vast intellect makes him a buffing machine.

3. GloboRojo
    Jungle Swarm

GloboRojo New Member

I'm a little lost with the wide option of models that Seraphon have, I'm afraid. Would you suggest dropping the Slann and picking up the Scar vet on the cold one? Or I guess the Carnosaur isn't more expensive than the Slann by much, 20 points I think.

The bad thing is I want ALL the models because they look so damn cool.

4. Aginor
    Slann

Haha I know that! First World Problem. :D

About your list:
    I think it boils down to two things mainly:
    - what is the play style you are aiming for?
    - what your partner is playing. SCE cavalry sounds like you might want to play either a shooting list or a deep strike.

5. GloboRojo
    Jungle Swarm

GloboRojo New Member

I think he was planning on two 5 man units of the palladors and then 2 units of judicators, so I wonder if I should then pick something more melee to back up the shooting from the judicators.

6. Aginor
    Slann

He might actually be a bit low on wounds then and have his archers exposed, which might call for mass Skinks (unit of 40, which you have). They chaff well and their shooting isn't as bad as it sounds.

7. MackiMac
    Ripperdactil

MackiMac Well-Known Member

I used a similar list in a local mini-tournament. So far it got 100% wins (5 games). We where all new to the game though.

Here is what I used:

Slann
    - vast intellect
    - incandrcent rectrices

Skink priest
    - priestley trappings

40 skinks
    - boltspitters

10 saurus warriors
    - clubs

Bastiladon
    - solar engine

Salamander

Salamander

This is exactly 1000 pts.

I usually cast the -1 to hit spell on the skinks and teleport them behind the enemy, to mostly annoy and delay them. (Sometimes even do some damage, dont count on it though).

Use the bastiladon to tank most of the damage. With mystic shield and the er-roll save ritual from the skink priest on it, it will become nearly unkillable. Snipe key heroes or thin out hordes.

I used the saurus to screen the slann and protect it.

Usually flanking with the salamanders, the can do some serious damage if you are lucky. Had one game where it flamed 5 blodletters, 3 more dies to ”it burns”. The salamander later get charged by the 2 remaining blodletters and Skarr, somehow survives skarr and bites the last letters. Then burns skarr to death in my next turn.

Dont forget that you can add to the casting range on the Slann through the skink priest

Christopher and Aginor like this.
  8. Aginor
    Slann

Not bad. I prefer Razordons over Sallies because of the better average damage, but I agree that if a Salamander hits well it is awesome to watch your opponent's face when you tell him about the rend-2 and d6 damage followed by possible burning. :)