1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Two battallions too much tax?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by IggyStarhost, Jan 19, 2018.

1. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

What do you think about both lists? I just love these three battalions and would like to field two at the same time. Although nog sure about effectiveness. Should I rather stick to one battalion and add some more wounds/Guards?

Allegiance: Order
    Saurus Eternity Warden (140)
    Skink Priest (80)
    - Priestly Trappings
    5 x Saurus Guard (100)
    5 x Saurus Guard (100)
    5 x Saurus Guard (100)
    5 x Chameleon Skinks (120)
    5 x Chameleon Skinks (120)
    3 x Ripperdactyl Riders (140)
    Bastiladon (280)
    Eternal Starhost (130)
    Shadowstrike Starhost (170)

Total: 1480 / 2000
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 53

Or

Allegiance: Order
    Engine of the Gods (220)
    Saurus Eternity Warden (140)
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    5 x Saurus Guard (100)
    5 x Saurus Guard (100)
    5 x Saurus Guard (100)
    3 x Kroxigor (160)
    Bastiladon (280)
    Stegadon (240)
    Eternal Starhost (130)
    Thunderquake Starhost (170)

Total: 1980 / 2000
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 73

Aginor likes this.
  2. Magic_karl
    Skink

Magic_karl Member

It’s a lot of points to have two battalions, but we work on synergy. If your win condition requires you to have two elements found in two battalions, it’s just a price you have to pay.

Eternal thunderquake led by a Slann has good synergy with itself, and I’d love to run it myself sometime!

Eternal shadowstrike doesn’t seem to have the same goal. One half of the army is staying put, the other half is running around. Neither supports the other, so your opponent is basically fighting shadowstrike at full strength first, then the eternal second, neither times taking many wounds.

Aginor likes this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I agree about the first one, I have it in the works as well.

About the second one: it might have its uses. If you let the enemy take turn 1 and that advance toward your lines you can then use the Thunderquake as the anvil and the "almost-shadowstrike" (chameleons and flyers) as the hammer to strike your opponent from behind. That can force him into making bad decisions. Just don't strike too early or your opponent will be ably to take out your two bataillons one by one.

I have played similar lists (with Terradons instead of Rippers and a Troglodon instead if the EotG, also without Chameleons) against Ironjawz and it did work kinda well.
    But then that was before GHB2017 so the balancing is a bit different now.

4. crazyeye45
    Skink

crazyeye45 Member

I really like the Eternal starhost with the Shadowstrike but it really just depends on what you are playing mission wise. If you are doing objective games then this is pretty good. Fort up on one and have the shadowstrike secure the others. If its for kill points then it would be better to run one or the other.