1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Two smaller army lists

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by VothCityShip, Aug 6, 2019.

1. VothCityShip
    Jungle Swarm

VothCityShip New Member

Hello.

I'm considering making Seraphon my next army as they play very differently to my others, and because summoning space dinosaurs appeals to me.

I have created the following two lists at this level. Opinions? Am I missing anything else obvious? The first list is more random and more fun, going all in on the potential summoning. The second is a Shadowstrike with a summoning Slann, which is far lower drops and almost certainly more competitive. Both will churn out skinks/EOTG etc. and look to win the objective game of course. I'm not asking which list is better particularly, but just whether there are any obvious things I am forgetting, and for any advice.

List one:

Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Great Rememberer
    - GFC/Amulet/Scales

Engine of the Gods (240)
    Engine of the Gods (240)

10 x Skinks (70)
    - Boltspitters + bucklers

10 x Skinks (70)

10 x Skinks (70)

10 x Skins (70)
    - Javelins + bucklers

3 x Ripperdactyls (140)

1 x Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1200

List two:

Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Great Rememberer
    - GFC/Amulet/Scales

Skink Starpriest (80)
    - Light of Dracothian.

30 x Skinks (210)

10 x Skinks (70)

10 x Skins (70)
    - Javelins + bucklers

6 x Ripperdactyls (280)

1 x Balewind Vortex (40)

Shadowstrike (180)

Total: 1190

This list would almost certainly be better with 3 x Razordons instead of 20 Skinks, but I don't want to spend the extra money, or have to deal with a greater number of resin models than necessary. That being said, a very tempting change is -30 skinks and + 3 x Razors/Sallys +handlers and +purple sun.

In either list the Slann will just be unbinding and farming summoning points to spam out units, and the EOTGs in the first list will either summon or D6 MW most of the time, either of which works for me. The random 3 x Terradons are there 1) for the toad and 2) I will be summoning so many Skinks etc. that there is no need to have more starting on the field.

To summon I will have:

- 50+ Skinks (+ the endless supply of dying ones)
    - 3 Chameleon Skinks (look forward to trolling with these)
    - 2 EOTG (if second list)
    - 3 Ripperdactyls

This is easily enough for the main list, but I am not sure for the EOTG list because if things go right I could run out of things to summon very quickly. I suspect that casualties will keep me stocked up though.

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  2. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Go for the first one. While you will lack a powerful battle line, 2 EotG is enough to shed most monsters running for it. I could easily see you using them to chew up huge hoards and annihilating monsters. The second list really lacks solid killing power that can take hits in return, and while ripperdactyls are good, they won’t take much in return and don’t scare away people like an EotG will.