1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Warchief

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by KonektFor, Mar 7, 2010.

1. KonektFor
    Skink

KonektFor New Member

I played a friendly match against my friend who plays tomb kings, and I have to say it was the most fun I've had to date, their was no struggle on rules and things went streamlined (Our games usually go about a hour a turn this one went about ten minutes a turn)

1000 Pts:
    Lizard:
    Heroes
    Krog-Ni-gonogah
    Scar Veteran- Light Armor, Cold One, Enchanted Shield Piranha Blade. (155)

Gazez Skiward
    Skink Priest- Level 2

Salamander- (75)
    Cores:
    2x10 Blocks of Saurus Warriors- Spears. (240)
    2x10 Skink Skirmishers (140)

Special:
    7 Cold One Riders- Standard Bearer with Huanchi's Blessed totem (290)

Rare:
    Salamander- (75)

For a total of 1000 points

I don't remember his army's point value or his magic items, but I do remember the bulk of his forces he had a tomb prince and priest, 3 ushatabi, 3 chariots 2x20 warriors with hand weapons and 20 archers.

Fluff:
    Warchief Krog-Ni-gonogah was ready for this battle, the enemy he was to face was the esteemed general Dictutus who conquered countries and continents in both his living and dead days. Krog-Ni-gonogah just had to wait for the tribes to ready themselves under his command, this battle was important as the undead creatures had stormed into his land, the Dart tribes were the first to arrive, their skills would be most important as the warchief had seen what a poisoned dart could do to a fleshy human, and he longed to see what it could do against this skeletal army, the Dart tribes were generous to him, giving their shaman to aid his cause, he had heard stories of Gazez Skiward summoning lightning blots to strike his enemies, Krog-Ni-gonogah would not underestimate him.

(TK)Turn 1: He got to go First, he moved most units straight at me leaving his archers and chariots behind, his magic phase he moves his ushatabi and his Chariots. In his shooting phase, he managed to kill my salamander out right (out of ten dice he rolled 8 sixes all of them wounded) their was no close-combat this turn, he ends

(LM)Turn 1: I declare my Cold ones and my hero charging, both of them follow through and reach their targets my cold one hitting the ushatabi and Krog-Ni-gonogah hitting a block of warriors, I march my skinks and saurus warriors ahead to face up against his, nothing was in range of my skinks so I skipped my shooting (Also I forgot to cast magic, >.<) in close combat I manage to shave 4 wounds off the ushatabi, only to have three of them be shaved off due to a undead construct standard bearer rule (I didn't look at his book to confirm this, but this guys not the crazy power gamer, so I don't think he's out their plotting to get us all) he manages to skill on of my cold one riders, my hero manages to kill a single warrior (I was so proud :/) and he took a wound

(TK)Turn 2: He moves his units into a position to cover his priest, his prince joins up with his archers, his archers then charge into my skinks I flee with that unit, his chariots charge into my saurus warriors and everything gets bogged down into close combat, all in all, he Killed a saurus warrior and a Cold one

(LM)Turn 2: I've got nothing really to move, so I skip that I use my shooting phase to poison his skeletons with my skinks(how does something with no blood get poisoned?) I take him down to a total of three warriors and a prince (My best dice roll allnight) I take out 3 warriors, and the ushatabi conflict is a stand still

(TK) Turn 3: He charges me, I stand and shoot with my skinks and he's about 2 inches short and left all alone with his prince, in close combat he kills a cold one rider, and I bust a chariot.

It goes mainly close combat from here on, in the end the vp's end up being 492 to 495 with him winning by three points, we call it a draw and look over at the other players (There were 2 other people their) they've just started turn one, we go and get pizza and talk about that how much fun we had compared to what we normally play.

Afterthough: Warhammer is alot more fun when you don't care about winning and losing and when you don't have a player harp on everything you do. The Tomb kings player had fun and so did I, I would liked better dice rolls but it seemed everyone who played against him rolled like crap that night (He made a chaos dwarf army flee on turn 2 as they all failed their leadership test)

Warchief Krog-Ni-gonogah wandered through the land, meeting eye to eye with the enemy general, they approached each other and stuck out there hand and shook it like gentlemen, they then went to go get pizza(How does something with no stomach eat)