1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The April Poetry Contest has opened for voting! For more information, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Blog Warden's Other Paint Log: Lustrian Joust Terrain added

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Warden, Aug 17, 2016.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

@Warden this is a whole world of awesome. Your stuff is fantastic! Love the jousting tournament, although I personally wouldn't want to be facing down a Steg in a jousting contest!!!

Jorgik and Warden like this.
  2. Warden
    Skar-Veteran

Warden Well-Known Member

Thank you so much! :joyful: The tents and all the pieces of terrain were a joy to paint!

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  3. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

I have heard that if you apply liquid super glue to paper and let it dry it will harden. I´ve never done it myself, so try it out on a separate piece first just in case.

Warden likes this.
  4. pendrake
    Skink Chief

pendrake Well-Known Member

Try the superglue on the backside. Maybe try one of those Army/Commoner tents first. Then try something with paint on the opposite side.

Super glue dries shiny and crunchy on paper. I use paper to contain and catch blobs of SG when I use it; I have seen it dried on paper.

If that does not work. Box sealing tape would stiffen and toughen paper. Applying that stuff to the back would be cheap, paint-safe, and tough. (But hard to do once folded up; :sorry: would've been easier when the pavilions were still flat. )

Warden and Jorgik like this.
  5. Warden
    Skar-Veteran

Warden Well-Known Member

I agree, I wish I had done something before I started painting, but I was hoping that the paint layer would fix the problem. I have to pack up most of my stuff at the moment, but the superglue method should work.

Also a quick edit to the campfire: some wire was added to the top, just got to paint some more.

warden201706_jousting terrain WIP 10.jpg

Jorgik and tom ndege like this.
  6. Warden
    Skar-Veteran

Warden Well-Known Member

Weird... I can't upload pictures from internet explorer anymore? Anyone else having this problem?

I took these pictures prior to moving, I haven't been able to finish them yet. I made a few more pieces of jousting terrain, still very WIP but enough to take pictures of.

Defensive stakes:

archer defensive stakes.jpg

Same as before, experimenting with more resin pieces.

I made a 12 x 12 inch jousting terrain base. It will also function as a new centerpiece for my jungle castle for when the Bretonnians are the defenders.

joust terrain lanes 1.jpg

New jousting lane dividers, more color to add to the field:

joust terrain lanes 2.jpg

Next addition were some pieces to hold a Robin Hood-style archery tournament. Unfinished still of course but you get the idea:

archery tournament 1.jpg

archery tournament 2.jpg

Lastly, new doors for the jungle fortress:

new doors.jpg

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Love the new doors! Awesome!

Warden and Aginor like this.