1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Warden's Other Paint Log- Samurai Daimyo

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Warden, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Warden
    Skink Priest

Warden Well-Known Member

I would love to learn Japanese! It is one of the languages I want to learn!

• Ch'olti' Mayan- classic Mayan, what most ancient Mayan glyph texts are written in
    • Yucatec Mayan- current language spoken, also some glyphs texts in northern Yucatan
    • Spanish- useful language, second most spoken world language, and would help to know it if I ever get a chance to study in Mexico/Central America
    • German- I am mostly German by heritage, to include my grandma, so I really would love to learn it
    • Japanese- I also really like Japanese history (hence the army project), I would love to learn more about the Sengoku period in the original language. Plus it would make watching anime in the original language that much easier!
    • Mandarin Chinese- most spoken language in the world, also Chinese history is also fascinating! Would love to see the Bejing and Shanghai museums someday

Imrahil and Aginor like this.
  2. Warden
    Skink Priest

Warden Well-Known Member

Finished up four more blocks of ashigaru spearmen today, and took lots of pictures.

warden201905_ashigaru 2.jpg

Ii Clan (Red), Otani (white spots on blue), and Konishi clan.

Konishi and Otani clans, both members of the Western Army at Sekigahara:

warden201905_ashigaru 3 Western Army.jpg

Ii Clan ashigaru of the Eastern Army:

warden201905_ashigaru 4 Eastern Army.jpg

As you can see, the Ii clan banner is missing a flower mon on the top of the banner. I am hoping to purchase some transfers shortly, so until then the banner will remain simply white with red stripes.

The lot together:

warden201905_ashigaru 6.jpg
    warden201905_ashigaru 5.jpg

Just about time for me to do a full samurai army photo, but I want to get some more of my daimyo finished first.

3. Warden
    Skink Priest

Warden Well-Known Member

Next WIP, the Red Devils of the Ii Clan. First time putting two horses on a single base, so I have that added challenge too.

warden201905_Ii Clan Red Devils WIP.jpg