1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. WARHAMMER: SWARMS OF THE HIVE MIND - Playtest Army List, Draft 1

Discussion in 'House Rules' started by Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Have you ever thought about how fun it would be to unleash the Tyranids upon the world of Warhammer Fantasy, knowing that, alongside the Daemons of Chaos, they are one of the only races in 40K that could actually reach the Warhammer World due to their mastery of intergalactic travel? Ever wondered who would win between the Swarmlord and Tyrion? Want to see the Ogres pick on someone their own size? Well, all these scenarios are now possible with my unofficial Swarms of the Hive Mind army list for Warhammer Fantasy 8th Edition!

The Swarms of the Hive Mind are a ravenous horde of aliens that have come from beyond the stars to devour the inhabitants of the world. Governed by a collective consciousness that can only be named as the Hive Mind, the numberless creatures that pour out from distended living meteors work with relentless, emotionless unity to root out, slay and feast upon all living things so that their own numbers may be replenished. Skittering and leaping horrors the height of a man swarm past gargantuan monsters higher than the tallest towers. Floating parasites that have mastered the Winds of Magic blast their foes into oblivion while chameleonic monstrosities strike from thin air to demoralise and harry the prey. The concepts of honour, vengeance, greed and bravery are nothing to these monsters - to kill or be killed is the only thing they know, and the only way the other denizens of the world can escape their imminent destruction.

This ruleset covers the vast majority of Tyranid creatures currently available in the Warhammer 40,000 range and also gives players the chance to convert the Warhammer Fantasy equivalent of Genestealer Cultists, although some names have been changed to represent the different setting they are in (such as the fact that Tyranids are so called in the 40K galaxy because the first planet to be devoured by them was the small world of Tyran - such a planet never existed in the Warhammer Fantasy world). I have tried to make the army as balanced as possible by analysing the points values and profiles of existing Warhammer Fantasy units and using them as the basis of profiles and points values of Hive Mind units, while at the same time trying to retain much of the unique feel of the way in which Tyranids are played in 40K. However, like any Warhammer ruleset, official or not, this army list requires playtesting, and while I can do a fair bit myself, allowing others to also have a go at fighting with and against this army list and acting upon their feedback is a great way to eliminate any bias or overpowered rules that could have crept in while writing the ruleset, and so I have attached a copy of it in this thread for you all to evaluate and play with at your leisure.

I look forward to any comments, thoughts and opinions regarding this army list, and I hope you enjoy using it in friendly games! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019